Complaint Review: Northland Group Inc.

• Submitted: Fri, January 18, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, February 09, 2013

• Reported By: Ross — Panama City Florida United States of America
Northland Group Inc.
P.O. Box 390846 mail code SHT54 Minneapolis, Minnesota United States of America

Northland Group Inc. Current Account Owner : pay $17,452.21 by: mail (to a P.O. Box), check by phone, Western Union, pay online by email. Minneapolis, Minnesota

*Consumer Comment: i am skeptical by nature

*Consumer Comment: Maybe its a scam!

I received a collection notice from Northland Group Inc.  LVNV Funding LLC Claiming to settle a $17,452.21 Wells Fargo past due debt for $2,617.86 It looks legitimate.

Only  (my said)  Original Account number appears#: *************9001 There is no signature on the letter, there is no physical address.  It also states they will not sue if not paid...but may report it to the credit reporting agencies.

Any and all debt's I have ever had with Wells Fargo were all paid in full year's ago. I have good credit.

This is a scam, do not give them money.

I could have been taken just by the  professional appearance of  the letter head and past creditor.

I am skeptical by nature... I looked them up, they are a ...SCAM.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/18/2013 04:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Northland-Group-Inc/Minneapolis-Minnesota-55439/Northland-Group-Inc-Current-Account-Owner-pay-1745221-by-mail-to-a-PO-Box-c-998997. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Northland Group Inc.

i am skeptical by nature

AUTHOR: why not pay your bills and stop whi - (United States of America)

More Like "I am Shady by Nature

Maybe its a scam!

AUTHOR: wait_what - (United States of America)

Hi,

I Am wondering if they sent out a mass of letters recently because I also got the same letter saying that I owe them $700 and they will settle for about $100. The creditor for me was GE. I never had any open accounts with GE except for the one I currently have, which is current and never late. I checked my credit report, to make sure there weren't any mistakes on my credit, and realized that I don't in fact have any closed / passed due accounts reported on my credit. However, I did see that they did a credit inquiry on January 8. I am not sure how they got the permission to do so? I never contacted them or anything ... I am not sure where to proceed.

From reading similar complaints, it seems like it would be a waste of time to call them, but maybe call the creditor themselves to see what can be done, because the last thing I want is to have some charge off on my history....