likes

• Updated: Tue, March 27, 2012

• Reported By: rbvaulter — Wisconsin United States of America
Northland Group Inc
P.O. Box 390846 Minneapolis, Minnesota United States of America

Northland Group Inc Tried scamming me into paying a "settlement offer" on a closed account that was fully paid off. Minneapolis, Minnesota

I recieved a letter the other day, it was not even addressed to my actual name. The first name in the letter only rhymed with my real name. It claimed that I have a past due balance for my Capital One account, which was fully paid off and recently closed.

"The above referenced Capital One Bank account has been assigned to Northland Group, Inc. for collection."

They offered to "reduce my balance by offering" me a settlement of $385.20. It said that my past due account balance was $641.98. They only accept payments by Western Union, Money Gram, credit card and check by phone- this was another warning sign not to trust them.

I'm glad I found this website, It kills me to know that there are horrible people out there scamming innocent people for hundreds of dollars. DO NOT fall for this!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/27/2012 10:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Northland-Group-Inc/Minneapolis-Minnesota-55439/Northland-Group-Inc-Tried-scamming-me-into-paying-a-settlement-offer-on-a-closed-accoun-860298. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Northland Group Inc