Complaint Review: Northland Group Inc

• Updated: Thu, July 07, 2011

• Reported By: anonymous — dallas Texas United States of America
Northland Group Inc
minneapolis, Minnesota United States of America

Northland Group Inc Santa Barbara Tax Products Group, LLC attempted to "settle" a false tax debt. Said I owed Santa Barbara Tax Products Group $1590 and would settle for $959. I did not even file taxes for that year. minneapolis, Minnesota

I received a letter from Northland Group stating that I owed Santa Barbara Tax Products Group a sum of $1590 "Regarding the Tax Year: 2006".  They were generously willing to allow me to settle the "debt" with a single payment of $954, upon payment of which my "account would be closed and a settlement letter" will be issued.  As I did not file any taxes in 2006, verified by IRS office, this "debt" is false.

The letter stated that unless I "notify this office within 30 days after receiving this notice that you dispute the validity of this debt or any portion thereof, this office will assume this debt is valid".

I called the number provided and no information was given regarding the nature of the debt, and was even told that that they could not tell me who the creditor was until I agreed to the payment schedule.

The only regret I have is that I gave them my SSN for the purpose of identifying myself.  I see that there are many postings here regarding this "group" and their scams.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/07/2011 08:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Northland-Group-Inc/minneapolis-Minnesota-55439/Northland-Group-Inc-Santa-Barbara-Tax-Products-Group-LLC-attempted-to-settle-a-false-ta-750376. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Northland Group Inc