Complaint Review: Northport Glass And Door

• Submitted: Fri, January 18, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, October 13, 2011

• Reported By:New york New York
Northport Glass And Door
Northport LI, New York U.S.A.

Northport Glass And Door FRAUD SCAM UNTRUSTWORTHY Northport LI New York

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: I was in charge of this mailing.

I call Northport Glass and Door about some Garage Doors need for my house in CT, Rich showed up gave me a quote on the doors in writing. I also had him do a shower door I needed done as well.

We made a better deal if I paid him in cash. I gave him a $500 cash deposit. He then called me the next day and said he made a mistake and the garage doors were going to cost another $400. Even though I had a contract in hand. I told him forget the garage doors and just do the shower door which was only $500. He said fine and told me it would be three to 4 weeks..

I called him for 4 months, he never came though with my shower door and said he was going to return my money.. I never got my money back and every time I tried to call him he gave me some lame excuse that the "mail" came back to him.. I had someone call him from the state and all he did was lie to them that he did the job. He is such a joke.. If he did the job why would I be posting here?? duh..

To show you what a scam he is the address on his contract is not even his. Its just going to be a matter of time when this thief is going to piss off the wrong customer. Someone out there has to stop people like him from ripping off consumers. He needs to go to jail.

You have all been warned.

Flwpower
New york, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/18/2008 10:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Northport-Glass-And-Door/Northport-LI-New-York/Northport-Glass-And-Door-FRAUD-SCAM-UNTRUSTWORTHY-Northport-LI-New-York-301241. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Northport Glass And Door

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

I was in charge of this mailing.

AUTHOR: 3rdpartyobjector - (United States of America)

I am a former employee of Northport and even though Rich isn't my favorite person in the world, I did send your deposit which did come back in the mail, several times. Not only that there are a couple of places he works out of and does not use a fraudulent address as I personally filed the Limited Liability Company taxes and applications. I also ordered the garage door for this order which he had to pay out of pocket because you did not tell him to forget it after he told you of the price change. It was not until a week after you gave him the OK that you decided to change your mind. This is why people get deposits, so when people leave the contractors to pay for expenses out of pocket, they are reimbursed. I don't like Rich but he is a hard working man with a family who makes and HONEST living which is not something you can say for many people these days. Shame on you for telling half a story in an attempt to get some pity points from anonymous internet users.