Complaint Review: Northshore Univ Healthcare of Il.

• Submitted: Fri, June 14, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, June 14, 2013

• Reported By: Jeff K — Long Grove Illinois
Northshore Univ Healthcare of Il.
650 lake cook road Buffalo Grove, Illinois USA

Northshore Univ Healthcare of Il. Excessive overcharges an incorrect coding of lab work, I have a PPO that covers a routine physical. Buffalo Grove Illinois

I went to my primary care Dr who has had to merge into one of the Norhtshore Univ groups for a routine physical. At the time I thought this was a good idea since my BP was creeping up and I had lost my dad at a young age to a heart attack. I had not seen my Dr. For several years, this was when he ran his own office. My union blue cross PPO covers these physicals with me usually owing the yearly deductible. The bill I received almost gave me a heart attack!!!! $1,400 plus. Well I called my insurance and northshore to find out what the hell was going on. There extra office visit charges ( for the same day) wrong codings on simple blood work ect ect!!!

Several days off long phone calls and was told I would hear back and things would be fixed. I paid over $200.00 at the beginning for my share. Well now I guess the big corporation that runs this joke they call medical care is in the shake down business, because we have collections calls coming in for this even though all the errors area theirs. I will not be using this hospital system again, and I will try to avoid anything associated with this Northshore Univ Healthcare system even after I and my wife receive Medicare in a few more years ( God willing).

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/14/2013 07:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Northshore-Univ-Healthcare-of-Il/Buffalo-Grove-Illinois/Northshore-Univ-Healthcare-of-Il-Excessive-overcharges-an-incorrect-coding-of-lab-work-1059107. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Northshore Univ Healthcare of Il.