Complaint Review: Northstar Equipment owner Eric Dickinson

• Submitted: Thu, September 27, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, June 07, 2014

• Reported By: sincity348@yahoo.com — sherman Texas U.S.A.
Northstar Equipment owner Eric Dickinson
113 E. Hudgins Street grapevine, Texas United States of America

Northstar Equipment owner Eric Dickinson Eric Dickinson11 Advertisied for a 9000lb lift and either switched it on me or never had a 9000lb lift Because I got a 7000lb lift grapevine, Texas

*Author of original report: I dont have a clue where you came up with that bs.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Owner

Eric dickinson owner of northstar equipment advetisied for 2 9000lb worth lifts on craigslist 3 days before the grapefest was about to happen and said the city was going to fine him unless he didnt move the lifts out of there.I called him on sunday and said I would come down there tomorrow morning and buy the other lift because 1 had already been sold. So I arrived monday morning and made arrangements with him to have it installed the following week on wednesday,more than I wanted to wait but I waited. Meanwhile I thought I was getting a 9000lb lift not a 7000lb lift wich is what I ended up with. There were no markings visible on the lift when I saw it only when I tipped the column up is where it says 7000lb limit. So tuesday afternoon comes and I make a call to them to see if there coming out tomorrow and jay his supposed scheduler "says they arent going to make it tomorrow and he really has no idea when they may put it in" (word for word) so I ask him ,so I am just supposed to wait here until you decided you might want to install it ?

So now I have figured out either they really dont want to sell me the lift because the grapefest is now gone and the city isnt riding them anymore or there is some other motive going on. So I call there bluff on it and tell them I want to go down and pick it up myself and I will install it , jay says ok but I really have no idea when I can get the lift back from the farm ( a place they supposedly to it to begin with after I paid for it) for you to get it. So I call him back late again in the day wednesday and he says they have it ready for pickup.I then rent a uhaul truck thursday and pickup the lift,they refund the install portion of what I paid meanwhile eric keeps saying I hate to turn away money, what a jerkoff.So I now get the lift back to my place and unload it off the uhaul  truck and to my surprise it says 7000lb limit max.For what i paid for this lift and all the hassle I would have been better buying a new one and certainly not from northstar equipment.BUYER BEWARE THESE PEOPLE ARE SCAMERS.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/27/2012 12:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Northstar-Equipment-owner-Eric-Dickinson/grapevine-Texas-76051/Northstar-Equipment-owner-Eric-Dickinson-Eric-Dickinson11-Advertisied-for-a-9000lb-lift-an-947504. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Northstar Equipment owner Eric Dickinson

I dont have a clue where you came up with that bs.

AUTHOR: sincity348@yahoo.com - ()

First of all Id like to know where you got the I have been in business for 24 years from , did you think it sounded good so you thought you throw that in ? The truth is I have only lived here 5 years and have only been working on cars and body work for about 3 years.You said the lift was a 9000k lifts and in fact it wasnt and you knew it.I wasnt happy because you sold me on a 9000k lift and in fact it wasnt. The lables were face down so I couldnt see it until I stood them upright. I cant personally lift and entire lift post up off the ground  stand it up to inspect it , if I could I think Im in the wrong business. If everything went the way it should there wouldnt be any reason to be upset and post here  but in fact the sale was deceptive and thats the way I feel about it . I did sell it a few weeks later because it wasnt what I thought I had bought NOT because " I HAD FINISHED MY BIG JOB" god man if your going tolie at least be convincing about it LOL.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Owner

AUTHOR: Eric D. - (United States of America)

The real story. I posted a Craigs list add on Saturday morning that stated that I must sell or move 11 lifts that have been stored out side my warehouse in Grapevine. The city told me to move them or face fines and penalties. The lifts ranged from 7000lbs 2 post, 9000lbs 2 post, and 12000lb. alignment racks several different manufactures. My add on Craigs list stated that I must move at scrap pricing and they must be moved Saturday or Sunday. The city gave me until Tuesday morning to have these cleared out. The used, American Made, 2 post lifts normally sell for $1750.00 plus install. During these two days I sold lifts from $500.00 each to $1500.00 for the alignment rack. The guy that posted this came when I had two or three lifts remaining. He paid in advance and was told that we will install as soon as possible the following week. He almost immediately started calling for the install and said that he had a big job that he was needing to use this lift for. He was out of Sherman, Texas; 2 hours away, and that we could not install before the end of the week.  After multiple discussions I realized I could not make this guy happy so we refunded his install money and he picked up the lift.  Just two weeks later he is trying to sell the lift because his "big job has been finished". He picked from the remaining lifts paid $1000 we loaded it on his trailer and he left. Then we saw this posting. We have been in business for 24 years and have never seen anything like this. I have been selling shop equipment myself since the summer of 1980. If the lift he chose was a 7000lbs. lift then that is the one that he chose from the lifts that were remaining. We do business with most all of the car dealers in the Metro-plex and we are the largest distributor for many of our new products we sell. In the 24 years we have had Northstar Equipment opened we have found a few customers that we cannot make happy. Anyone that wants to talk to me about this or any other dealings we have been involved with can call me direct. (214) 244-4914.  Thank you.