Complaint Review: Northstar Van Lines - DISCOUNT MOVING & STORAGE

• Submitted: Tue, July 26, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, July 27, 2005

• Reported By:greensboro North Carolina
Northstar Van Lines - DISCOUNT MOVING & STORAGE
14532 Friar Street Suite I Van Nuys, California U.S.A.

Northstar Van Lines - DISCOUNT MOVING & STORAGE ripoff, Fraud, Misrepresentation and unethical practices Van Nuys California

*Consumer Suggestion: They are the same company as A Professional Move, and Moving & Storage USA, and all three have complaints

Background: my letter to company:
Irina,
On the evening of 12th July I received the Order and immediately on the morning of 13th July I send you an email that other company is quoting 2.99 per cu.ft. I also spoke to you on that day that I want to cancel the order. You said you have no problem in cancellation and was not able match the price quote of Competitor. We had long discussions about your BBB member and the competitor is not a member of BBB.

After all these talks and emails, you have charged me with $ 400. I know that it is non refundable deposit. But before running payment I informed you to cancel the order. How can you charge the Payment for the services not took place since you were not able to compete with the price quoted by your competitor.

It is unfair to charge me for the services I am not engaging. This is not the way to make money in the business. Provide customers with better quote and make money. This is totally a Cheat in the Business. I was charged $ 400 on July 15th.

Northstar Van lines took the Money from my Bank account $400 in favor of DISCOUNT MOVING & STORAGE, 17970 DUNCON ST ENCINO, CA 91313.

I have never heard or spoke to this discount company and never authorized this so called company to draw from my bank. Who is this so called discount moving and storage ?

This was clearly a cheat, Fraud and Misrepresentation. Immediately after sending the order details I contacted Irena to cancel the order. After two days I was robbed with $ 400 since this company could not find a better business deals or could offer a better deal to get the customer. They knew that customer won't come to their price quote and their reputation and then they think that they can make money by referencing the Contract or Order or agreement.

I was not all aware about this company before. I got quotes from movers.

Swami
greensboro, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2005 03:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Northstar-Van-Lines-DISCOUNT-MOVING-STORAGE/Van-Nuys-California-91411/Northstar-Van-Lines-DISCOUNT-MOVING-STORAGE-ripoff-Fraud-Misrepresentation-and-uneth-151335. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Northstar Van Lines - DISCOUNT MOVING & STORAGE

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Sharon - (U.S.A.)

Discount is probably who Northstar subcontracted your move to, without your knowledge or consent.

Discount Moving & Storage's info can be found at the CA Corporations database, at this link:

They are the same company as A Professional Move, and Moving & Storage USA, and all three have complaints. Discount does not have a license of their own.

Since you DID cancel the move before the transaction, Northstar had hired an unlicensed (thus illegal) mover to do your load without your permission, and no services were performed, you should be able to convince your credit card company to reverse the charges. Call them and find out.

Not to mention, you never had a contract with DISCOUNT, so for THEM to charge your credit card without you authorizing them to could be credit card fraud.