Complaint Review: Northwest Airlines

• Submitted: Sun, August 24, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, August 24, 2008

• Reported By:Akron Ohio
Northwest Airlines
www.nwa.com Seattle, Washington U.S.A.

Northwest Airlines Blatant lies and runaround with refund request Seattle Washington

*Consumer Suggestion: MAYBE THIS WILL HELP

I experienced the most unbelievable runaround and blatant lies from Northwest Airlines when trying to get a $500 refund. On one call, I was on the phone almost 2 hours, having been put on hold for 20 minutes or more, several times. Once I got to someone who seemed like they might help me, this is what happened towards the end of the call: I offered to e-mail my confirmation e-mail (they "couldn't" find the original one from any of the standard ways, i.e. my name, the locator number, etc.), and she said she doesn't have e-mail!

I asked for her phone number so I could call her back "I don't have a phone number." I asked for her employee ID number - doesn't have one. I asked if she could open a case file for me, referenced by a number. "This department can't do that" Once she said she had referred it to the refund department, I asked her to follow up on this in 10 days. "How am I supposed to remember to do that?"

I am so furious. I welcome any suggestions of what to do next.

Nancy
Akron, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/24/2008 07:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Northwest-Airlines/Seattle-Washington/Northwest-Airlines-Blatant-lies-and-runaround-with-refund-request-Seattle-Washington-366424. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Northwest Airlines

#1 Consumer Suggestion

MAYBE THIS WILL HELP

AUTHOR: Cat - (U.S.A.)

I do not know, but see if this helps. I do not work for them, just did some searching. Make a career out of them! lol Good luck and keep us posted.
Currently Beth Reed, Director - Customer Care and Refunds, is Northwest's single point of contact for customer complaints. She serves as the ombudsman for Northwest Airlines and has a dedicated staff of representatives to assist with resolving customer complaints. She can be reached at:

Northwest Airlines
Customer Care
PO Box 1908
Minot, ND 58702
Phone: 701-420-6282
Fax: 651-367-8459

Handling Customer Complaints

Northwest Airlines responds to customer complaints via the method that they are received, specifically through telephone (toll call), U.S. mail, e-mail and fax.
Customers can receive access to Northwest Airlines address and telephone number from ticket counter agents, gate agents, and through our toll-free reservation line (800-225-2525). Also, the address and e-mail address are published in Northwest's in-flight magazine, WorldTraveler.
Outside the United States, customer complaints are handled by the local Northwest/KLM office by written response or by contacting the office by phone.
Complaints are collected through four different departments in the United States. They include Customer Care (post-event issues), Refunds, Central Luggage Service and Northwest Airlines WorldPerks.
Each contact received by these areas is sorted and forwarded to the correct area for handling.
Once the contact is in the correct area, the complaint is logged, coded and a response is given. When appropriate, compensation is offered or included in the response to the customer.
Internal standards are used for measuring turnaround times, answering times and quality.

Cat