Complaint Review: Northwest Title Loans

• Updated: Thu, November 03, 2011

• Reported By: Sharon — Chubbuck Idaho United States of America
Northwest Title Loans
299 Yellowstone Ave Pocatello, Idaho United States of America

Northwest Title Loans Emp Amy quoted me an amt in Aug, amt chg in Sep did not explain about pymts Pocatello, Idaho

*Consumer Comment: Why lie?

I unfortunatly took a title loan out in July at Northwest Title Loans.I was told interest was 300% and payment would be due on the 17th of every month. Last month I had an emergency and could not pay on the 17th. I called and spoke with Amy ans she asked when I could pay, I told her and asked if it would be my regular pymt of 250.00 and she said yes. Well when I called to make the payment she told me that it would be 350.00 because interest accrues daily. She called the home office for me and they agreed to let me pay 250.00 and I told her I would call on the 5th of Sep to make my pymt for Sep and she told me it would be around 198.00 and I asked her if this would make me current until oct, I asked for the amt I would need to be payed to be current and 198.00 was what she quoted me. Well I called today to make ,a payt and she told me 166.00 and that is what I paid. I than Asked her if that made me good until my due date of Oct 16. she said yes but I would owe 400.00 or more. She said because interest accrues daily and I still owed an amt of 101.00 for Sept. I have read feedback on Northwest and they are honest about the 300% interest but it is always something every month to get more money out of you. There are several complaints about the way they lie to people to get more money out of them and they are very rude! Is there some kind of help? I know I owe them the money but I just want an honest answer out of someone. I am on SSD and I need help

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/06/2011 01:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Northwest-Title-Loans/Pocatello-Idaho-83201/Northwest-Title-Loans-Emp-Amy-quoted-me-an-amt-in-Aug-amt-chg-in-Sep-did-not-explain-abo-773515. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Northwest Title Loans

Why lie?

AUTHOR: Southern Belle - (United States of America)

If they can tell people up front that the interest on the loan is 300% - and if people take out the loan knowing they will pay 300% interest - why on earth would they need to lie to people?

You posted this in September. You stated that you got the loan in July and that "last month" (which would have been August) you had an emergency and were late. So that basically looks to me like you were late with your first payment. Or, at the very least, you had not yet established a good payment history with them.

And the only example of the rudeness you say they exhibited was that they told you how much you owed every time you asked. ???

You signed up for the loan, and you signed a contract agreeing to their terms. They have every right to hold you to those terms, no matter how outrageous they may seem to you now or to the rest of us (300% interest).