Complaint Review: Norton Anti Virus (Symantec)

• Submitted: Wed, March 27, 2002
  • Updated: Mon, June 07, 2004

• Reported By:Richmond CA
Norton Anti Virus (Symantec)
20330 Stevens Creek Blvd Cupertino, California U.S.A.

Norton (Symantic) Norton Anti Virus Reneged on a rebate and will not communicate with me. Cupertino California

*Consumer Comment: I'm just a very satisfied customer of theirs.

*Consumer Suggestion: its a rebate...what were you thinking?

On October 29th I bought Norton Anti-Virus 2002 that had a $20 rebate attached. I sent in all the information they requested and waited the 10 weeks. No rebate! Now it is March the 27th and there is still no rebate nor is there any communication from Norton.

I have written them four times and they have not once responded.

I think that Norton is scamming the public by promising rebates and then not paying off.

This must save them lots of money, but I hope it loses them a lot of customers.

Jerry
Richmond, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/27/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Norton-Anti-Virus-Symantec/Cupertino-California-95041/Norton-Symantic-Norton-Anti-Virus-Reneged-on-a-rebate-and-will-not-communicate-with-me-17720. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Norton Anti Virus (Symantec)

AUTHOR: Angela - (U.S.A.)

I just have a comment about the Rebate Rip-Off from Norton. I first purchased my Norton Anti Virus last summer with a rebate. I had absolutely no problem getting my rebate from them. There was no fine print that I couldn't read without a magnifying glass on the rebate, just regular instructions with certain mail-in dates.

I don't think people are reading everything on their rebates and doing exactly as the instructions say. Just read everything carefully and send them exactly what they want. Remember, Norton is a business and they want to make money. Therefore, they have to ask for certain things in order to honor your rebate. If they didn't ask for all this stuff, they may be giving money to people who actually didn't purchase what they say they purchased. Do you get what I'm saying? Anyway, Norton isn't going to "Rip any Off". No, I don't work for them, I'm just a very satisfied customer of theirs.

#5 Consumer Suggestion

its a rebate...what were you thinking?

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

Come on now...you really fell for that rebate trick? Everyone knows they are a pain in the rear! They have you jump through 80 million hoops and then disqualify you for some inane reason and end up selling you the product at full price. Did you know that only 3%-5% of the rebates out there for ANY product or service are actually sent in by consumers? This is why marketing "professionals" love to offer rebates. easy way to get products out the door and $ on the ledger.

Wake up...join the party and stop falling for rebate offers.

Good Luck,