Complaint Review: Norton Anti-virus

• Reported By:Gainesville Florida
Norton Anti-virus
.norton.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Norton Anti-virus Failure to honor quarantee Internet

I have been a faithfull subscriber to Norton Antivirus for the last 4 years with no problems. Yesterday I encountered a virus and reported this to Norton. I was told that Norton only warrants 98% of their products and that my virus was not covered unless I paid an additional fee, which I did at $99.99.

I assumed that as a member of there program that I would be covered if my system obtained a virus. They told me that I needed to pay for additional services to fix my computer problem. Having very little choices, I paid the fee.

Norton has lost all credibility with me about backing their products. The only time I have a problem they claim it's not their problem. What on gods earth do they cover with their subscription. It appears nothing, you are on your own. What A shame that they scrw their customers. Let this be a warning to everyone when it comes time to pick a service to protect your computer. Don't use NORTON. Thanks: A sad Customer

Gainesville, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2009 11:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Norton-Anti-virus/nationwide/Norton-Anti-virus-Failure-to-honor-quarantee-Internet-435642. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Norton Anti-virus