Complaint Review: Norton Antivirus Norton 360

313 Miller Rd. Hillsboro, North Carolina United States of America
  • Phone: 9192824540
  • Web:
  • Category: Software

Norton Antivirus Norton 360 Symantic corp. Bought Norton 360 2.0 from Office Depot installed it ran great for 5 months until Aug. 27th 2009. Virus controlled my scans and computer called norton and they wanted me to pay $99 after paying $80! Hillsboro, North Carolina

*Author of original report: Norton Antivirus Norton 360 SCAM!!!

*Consumer Suggestion: I FELL FOR THE SAME TRASH OF SERVICE!!! NORTON IS A BIG TIME SCAM!!!

I bought Norton 360 2.0    3-pc, 5 months ago. I paid $80 for the software and was referred by one of my best friends to use this product that it's the best internet and computer security that you can buy and install to date. Norton ran great throughout up until Aug 27th, 2009. I ran into every person's nightmare who owns and uses a computer especially their personal one! Norton 360 let a virus into my computer without my knowledge no warning at all. I found this out by when I ran my Spyware and virus scan it was running but wasn't counting the files like it always had done so i clicked on get support and had one of Norton's (symantic) technicians to check it out for me.

The tech. wanted to check out norton that was on my computer for himself by using connect me software that they can take charge over your mouse and see what the problem can be. [continued below]....

..... I granted them access and he uninstalled then re-installed norton on my computer this didn't fix the problem at all virus still had control. So the tech gave me the number to call virus removal service and i did only to find out they would charge me $99 for fixing and removal of the virus wow! i said I paid $80 and now i have to spend  $99??? Why not at the store they just sell the product at a total of $179.00? Because we all know that security software is not all 100% guaranteed! but if they sold it for 179 then that would take away the virus threat then you'd be protected.

By the way Norton DOES NOT replace your computer if it is destroyed by any virus of any sort i went through this with them for 2 days streight! And read the booklet that comes with the software they do not guarantee the life and the product as long as it's installed on your computer! READ the fine print and if you have any of Norton's products installed on your computer... if it crashes due to virus they will not replace the computer and you will spend probably more money for getting it fixed than what the computer is worth. Do the math it happened to me and don't want this happening to anyone else.  I went through living hell with norton they have operators that don't speak or understand English. They hang-up on you like you're not their customer or like they don't care what is wrong or what you're going through. I rate norton the lowest score and never will install it again on my pc. I am warning people of the dangers they will face with norton and i have the right to because i lost my money to their mistake and it's money in this day and time of Depression that can be used sparingly but they don't care.

I am terribly unsatisfied with NORTON 360 (Symantic) Poor customer service

I will never install their product ever again

NORTON (symantic) TOTAL RIPOFF!

Norton (symantic) You have made it on my WALL-OF-SHAME i totally give norton (symantic) millions and millions of thumbs down rating performance, lack of trust, care of person's pc's, Rude customer service, price ripoff,

Oh and by-the way i have gotten my pc fixed and now using McAffe they are way better than norton so far so good!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2009 10:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Norton-Antivirus-Norton-360/Hillsboro-North-Carolina-27278/Norton-Antivirus-Norton-360-Symantic-corp-Bought-Norton-360-20-from-Office-Depot-instal-486889. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Norton Antivirus Norton 360

Norton Antivirus Norton 360 SCAM!!!

AUTHOR: Anthony - (U.S.A.)

Today's date is 6/13/2010
Since i last filed this report On Norton 360 2.0, I have been using McAffe and it is so smooth! No Problems! I Suggest McAffe because of their customer service support and you get to speak to an operator that understands what you are saying likewise! Finally someone that understands! And also i wanted to note that i won't change to any other security software because i know that McAffe is the best of the best. But don't just take my word for it! Thumbs way way up for McAffe!

#1 in customer service
#1 in phone support
#1 in protecting pc's !
#1 on my list of professionals!

Also want to note that every time i have questions they are always on to help me 24/7! They never hang up on me, They won't leave me until my questions have been answered! But i have never had a single problem with McAffe at all for this long! I have Rarely ever had to call McAffe!

Norton sucks and i won't ever use their product ever ever ever again!

I really hope that i have helped other choose the right product because i am a customer happy to have McAffe protecting me and taking care of me! Plus their guarantees are way better than norton! McAffe will replace your PC! If you get a Virus while having their software on your system!
And with that piece of mind i Trust in McAffe and Live up to my standards!

MCAFFE YOU ARE #1 AND THANKS FOR PROTECTING ME WITH NO PROBLEMS AND NO ISSUES! GOD BLESS YOU ALL AT MCAFFE!

Anyone with needing help on which software to use the choice is yours but please please don't choose the worst out there and run the high risk of loosing your pc/laptop! Choose the best the one and only McAffe!

Also on another note Running Windows 7 with McAffe works seamlessly! Never slow, No viruses, Always at work to keep you protected and safe!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

I FELL FOR THE SAME TRASH OF SERVICE!!! NORTON IS A BIG TIME SCAM!!!

AUTHOR: Salvador - (U.S.A.)

Yeah! I purchased the one (1) year protection plan! It "ok" for a while, because even though it was detecting things on my computer... little by little my computer was running slower and slower.

So I was online and NORTON ANTIVIRUS' pop-up came up saying, "Norton has detected a virus in your computer. Click here for further information." When I clicked on the pop-up it said that the virus was removed and everything was OK. Yeah right!

Then, right before I'm about to log off I get an "alert" pop-up that states something like: "Alert: (such program's name) is not responding. Msamly.dll should be reinstalled to fix this problem!"

At first I got the pop up twice in a row after clicking on the exit button. Finally I was able to log off.

So now... when I'm turning on my computer, I get this "alert" pop-up constantly! My computer doesn't start as usual, it's all dark and I can't move my mouse unless it's on!

I eventually figured out that when the mouse wasn't moveable I could just click on "enter" to get through as clicking on "ok" on the pop-up. I called their non-American, non-English speaking technicians and with no real proper grammar! BOY OH BOY!

I got to talk to some guy that kept saying "what a wasd thatd sehr?!" I would have to repeat myself so many times as to how Norton doesn't work, allowed a virus in my computer and that they needed to fix the problem immediately!

When he eventually understood me he said that all he had to do was uninstall the Norton system from my computer and reinstall it. He told me this would fix the proble, "for sure"!

To my surprise... he uninstalls the program then he CAN'T reinstall it! I was FURIOUS! I said, "you are not going to charge me $100.00 just to fix this, when it was Norton that failed to come through!"

Because in the past I had gotten a misleading application in my computer and oh yeah... they wanted $100.00 in order for them to fix it! I still don't understand why the hell they charge for the yearly protection plans, if they don't protect for &$!7!

But yeah.. anyways... it didn't make any sense that these illeterate technicians got to act like they knew what they were doing and when they've realized they've made a HUGE MISTAKE won't take any responsibility for it!

So when I demanded to speak with a senior technician and made it clear I wasn't going to pay anything... they said, "ok, a senior technician will call you tomorrow!" Then he immediately hung up.

When I spoke with the senior technician the next day all I was told was that they could not fix it unless they were paid! Even after they were acknowledging that they made a mistake, that Norton didn't come through for it's customer, etc.

They still wanted me to pay them! So I just made it real clear to them that I wanted a refund of my money or have this fixed without charge! They would not fix it for free nor would they refund me my money!

They said all they could do was hold the time of protection I had left and that they could reinstall the system with my left time once I GOT MY COMPUTER fixed due to their mistakes. Then I was hung up on!

Norton antivirus is such a scam! Where are these illeterate people working at?? How the hell do we know if the company itself isn't doing this just to scoop up and additional $100.00 from each customer?!

We don't really know this company too well! Everyone should really stay away from it!