Complaint Review: Norton Antivirus

• Reported By: Trudye — Alpharetta Georgia
Norton Antivirus
Internet USA

Norton Antivirus Symantec Disappointed in Norton Internet

Norton used to have a great reputation, that is the reason I have been with them so long.

A virus that had been on the loose for a while attacked my machine and Norton Antivirus failed to stop it. That was just one of my complaints about Norton Antivirus.

Norton has the worse customer service and tech support I have every dealt with. After thier inadequate virus database allowed the virus to attach itself to my system they refused to assist in the removal. They tried to force me to go to a service that would make me pay for their negligence.

After I informed support that I refused to pay for Norton's failure the games began. I spent over 4 ½ hours on the phone waiting on hold, and disagreeing with customer service and tech support. They kept me on hold once for 1 ½ hours before I hung up, they disconnected my call, they transferred me around from one department to another. I talked to over 7 people to no positive outcome or understanding. In order to discourage me they kept giving me the run around.

Because of Norton’s negligence I had to spend $149 and hours of down time removing the virus. I went to an outside company, I refused to let Norton profit from their negligence.

I will never use another Symantec product again and will inform everyone I know about their shoddy product and poor customer support. Sometimes companies get too big and forget the importance of customer support.

Sincerely,

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2014 05:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Norton-Antivirus/internet/Norton-Antivirus-Symantec-Disappointed-in-Norton-Internet-1139145. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Norton Antivirus