Complaint Review: Norton Internet Security

• Submitted: Thu, September 11, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, September 11, 2008

• Reported By:Miami Florida
Norton Internet Security
20330 Stevens Creek Blvd. Cupertino, California U.S.A.

Norton Anti-Virus Customer Service Incompetant - Rip-offs - Con Artists, Criminals Cupertino, California

I Renewed my Norton Anti-Virus in June, 2008 for my home computer and upgraded my subscription and paid for 3 PC's. My daughter already had Norton on her computer which did not expire until September. When her subscription expired, I tried to renew it to the subscription on my home computer but was unable to. I ended up paying for an additional subscription and then called Norton to explain what happened.

The man told me on the phone that he would refund me the additional subscription because I had already paid for 3 computers in June. He then told me he needed to log in to my home PC to change the subscription to the same number as my daughter's computer so all the computers would now expire at the same time, which was fine. I allowed him to log on to my home computer and then hung up the phone so he could work.

He removed the Norton Anti-Virus on my home computer and was then unable to install the new upgrade. My computer then got a virus and after several hours of telephone and extreme aggravation, I went to bed. This had been going on since 10:00 a.m. on Sunday, September 7, 2008. I have placed several phone calls to Norton and have been speaking with people who have no command of the English language and cannot help me.

I finally got through to an American in Premium Service who now wants to charge me $100 for removing the virus that Norton allowed to enter into the computer in the first place because they removed the program to upgrade it.

Is this a great company or what?

Long story short, DO NOT waste your money on Norton, go with Trend Micro instead.

Thanks Norton, for being such a wonderful company, I will no longer recommend your product to ANYONE and will discourage anyone from every buying another Symantec product. I will shout it from every roof top, to every person I come across, as long as I have breath in me.

Danise
Miami, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2008 06:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Norton-Internet-Security/Cupertino-California-95014/Norton-Anti-Virus-Customer-Service-Incompetant-Rip-offs-Con-Artists-Criminals-Cuperti-371871. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Norton Internet Security