alliance

• Updated: Fri, October 20, 2006

• Reported By:Phoenix Arizona
Norton, Symantec AntiVirus
symantecstore.com/global Internet U.S.A.

Norton, Symantec AntiVirus harassment to renew subscription with a bait and switch to buy something else Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Similar situation here

I was advised by a pop-up on my computer that my Norton Antivirus subscription renewal was due in 30 days. I went to their website and thought I had renewed my subscription. I kept getting these pop-up notices that my subscription was due in 20 days...28 days..altogether 30 days! Then a notice that my subscription was now past due 1 day!

I contacted the web site adnd told them I renewed my subscription and was told it needed to be downloaded. I downloaded it. I was charged $39.99 for the renewal.

They still kept telling me that my subscription was past due./ I contacted them by e-mail and they gave me a song and dance until I told them to cancel and refund my money. I received word that they have refunded the money. They gave me a web site to go to to renew my subscription.

I went there and it is their on-line store and they want me to purchase something! I thought you might like to see what I found on the computer today regarding this fiasco!:

PC World - Subscription Snafu Angers Norton Users
It's a rare company that turns away customers, but Symantec's subscription renewal service for Norton AntiVirus appears to be doing just that to some users--albeit unintentionally.

So I guess I'm not the only one being hassled! Thank you for any help you may give me and others in the same boat.

Marilyn
Phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/20/2006 09:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Norton-Symantec-AntiVirus/internet/Norton-Symantec-AntiVirus-harassment-to-renew-subscription-with-a-bait-and-switch-to-buy-216800. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Norton, Symantec AntiVirus

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Similar situation here

AUTHOR: Russ - (U.S.A.)

I'm trying to renew my soon to expire subscription according to thier pop-ups as well.
Part way into the step by step process,a message comes up saying invalid URL.
I've sent 3 seperate emails to thier tech support.
They have not replied to any of the 3 emails in return.
My suggestion.
Get a similar anti virus program at a much lower price .
You can even get Nortan for practically free after rebates.
And don't try to renew your Norton online,it hardly ever works.