Complaint Review: Norton Symantec

• Updated: Mon, December 02, 2013

• Reported By: Scammed on Cyber Monday — Maryland Heights Missouri
Norton Symantec
Internet USA

Norton Symantec Got CyberScammed on Cyber Monday---800 # and Probably was India Internet

Purchased a new laptop early November.  It came with Norton Antivirus software preloaded.  It came with a 30 day trial period.  In mid November, I took Norton up on their offer to receive the software protection for one year at $29.99.  Paid for it on my credit card and it went through bank but never got a confirmation from Norton.

Next weeks I keep getting popups that my trial period was expiring.  I ignored it because I paid for it.  Today (Cyber Monday), the software decided to shut down on me while at work.  I looked everywhere to try and contact Norton (i.e., phone number, email, chat).  I finally had to search on ask.com and found one...wasn't a working number.  Found an 800 number, and guy that answered sounded like he was speaking to me from India.

I explained my problem.  He asked for remote control access of my laptop to see what happened.  He kept me on hold a long time and then made a list of things that needed to be done for it to work....all for $199!!!  I rudely hung up on him and forgot he was still attached to my computer.  He had me in safe mode and then I saw my laptop do a bunch of things that I was not controlling.  Then everything went nuts!

Well, luckily for me, I'm in IT and rebuilt it from scratch...and even though I removed their crazy software, after rebooting, the junk came right back on for another 30 day trial.  Im getting rid of it tonight.  Whatever you do...Do Not ever give these people access to your computer!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/02/2013 06:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Norton-Symantec/internet/Norton-Symantec-Got-CyberScammed-on-Cyber-Monday-800-and-Probably-was-India-Internet-1103763. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Norton Symantec