Complaint Review: NortonLive

• Updated: Mon, May 05, 2014

• Reported By: POed — somewhere Washington
Nationwide USA

NortonLive symantec Charged credit card without permission Nationwide

I noticed a charge to my bank account for 19.99. I have not had norton on any device for over two years. After farther investigation I found they had taken it every month for the last 8 months. When I called them to ask to be removed from there list I was on hold for an hour, transfer three times, everytime starting over on the situation and given a new case number, to finally get to a man that could barley speak english.

I was informed that when I had remote assistance a few years back I subscribed to a monthly service to be able to have them work on a computer remotly whenever I needed them. Being they couldn't fix the problem in the first place I removed there product and downloaded a new antivirus software that I love. I had no idea I subscribed to anything.

I was informed tonight that I can not get any of my money back, to have the pending charge stopped I need to call my bank and I will have to wait "5 or 7 or 10" days in his words to receive an e-mail stating that they took me off there list.

Not only did they steal a couple hundred dollars out of my account without my permission, they stole almost two hours from me to unsubscribe from a service I did not want or know I was receiving, from a website that told me I had nothing to unsubscribe from, and to be told I will hopefully get an e-mail that says I am no longer a member.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/05/2014 08:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NortonLive/nationwide/NortonLive-symantec-Charged-credit-card-without-permission-Nationwide-1144303. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NortonLive