Complaint Review: Norvergence & De Lage Landen Financial

• Submitted: Tue, July 20, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, August 03, 2004

• Reported By:Tarpon Springs Florida
Norvergence & De Lage Landen Financial
550 Braad Street, 3rd Floor, Newar, NJ 07102 Nationwide U.S.A.

Norvergence & De Lage Landen Financial Bankrupt company leaves customer holding bag for lease of useless equipment Newark New Jersey

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Attorney-Seeking Information

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Very Upset to have to paid this lease for the Matrix I can not use.

*UPDATE Employee: Also scammed by Norvegence and de Lage Landen

*Consumer Comment: Norvergence & De Lage Landen

*Consumer Suggestion: Try to help

*Consumer Suggestion: Try to help

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Bad Business

*Consumer Comment: Need information

*Consumer Comment: You received all the equipment

*Consumer Comment: Little non profit has been scammed too! useless phone system..

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Mislead by Norvergence

*Consumer Comment: I would like to join class action suit

*Consumer Suggestion: Scammed too!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: HELP

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Me too !!! Need the lawyers name and tel #

*Consumer Comment: Business Owner in the same position with De Lage Landen

*Consumer Comment: Business Owner in the same position with De Lage Landen

*Consumer Comment: LEASING COMPANIES HAD TO SCAM KNOWLEDGE

We are a small business that has been contacted by BB&T bank that we must continue making lease payments on Matrix Soho equipment that we do not need. We have been told that we are on the hook for the balance of our 60 month contract. We are looking for other victims of Norvergence & De Lage Landen Financial, the lease company, who would be interested, or have information on any class action lawsuits.

Karen
Tarpon Springs, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2004 01:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Norvergence-De-Lage-Landen-Financial/nationwide/Norvergence-De-Lage-Landen-Financial-Bankrupt-company-leaves-customer-holding-bag-for-le-99756. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Norvergence & De Lage Landen Financial

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Attorney-Seeking Information

AUTHOR: Rod - ()

I am considering a lawsuit against DLL.  I would like to talk with former employees, and customers. I am also looking for doctors who financed medical equipment with Del Lage Landen and Spenser Capital Group.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: Dolores - (U.S.A.)

I also got hurt with Norvergence and I am paying now for a Matrix I can't use, I would be interested in finding a company who uses it or a way not to have to pay this lease, please send me all information, if their is any.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Also scammed by Norvegence and de Lage Landen

AUTHOR: David - (U.S.A.)

Count me in on any class action suit to void the leases. We have also been notifieed by BB&T Leasing that we are expected to continue paying for what is now useless equipment.

Norvergence & De Lage Landen

AUTHOR: Richard - (U.S.A.)

I'm a small electrical contractor that was scamed also. My biggest cost with my company is cell phones and with the package deal it was supposed to save me about 20%. We never did receive our phone's which we paid for and have been paying double for about 9 months, Norvergence assured us that we would be reinburst every penny. I couldn't afford the T1 line by itself even if it was working and my company doesn't even need internet, I just thought it was nice bonus as part of the package. I stoped paying De Lage Landen and they are telling me that I still have to pay even though I have no service. This could put me out of buisness. I would appreciate any help in this matter.

#7 Consumer Suggestion

Try to help

AUTHOR: Jay - (U.S.A.)

I am an ex-employee in the Miami area, and I do not have any sympathy towards the company. As a matter of fact. I am trying to gather resources to help the customers that unfortunately I sold the solution, by meeting with lawyers, and government entities, to void the lease agreement. I have to be honest, I can not live with myself, knowing now that I have
created a dent on the people that put their business, trust, and life line on my hands and I let them down.

You mention that your religious beliefs and your family were first. How about our families??? How about the family business that we have sold the solution that we honestly believe that it was there to help, small and medium business??? I guess the only thing that you trully cared was yourself and nobody else. One thing that I am going to give to you, you are a genious in reverse selling.

#8 Consumer Suggestion

Try to help

AUTHOR: Jay - (U.S.A.)

But I am fighting for you! And I will. In other notes, I want to thank, Dan Pearlman. That fed the Miami market integrity. Dan what kind of integrity? Your work horses where not getting paid for 2 months (this is not mentioning the commisions unpaid). The sad and horrendous part of it is that you knew that the company was going to collapse. That you were doing your homework while you were letting your employees hang out to dry. You mention that your religious beliefs and your family were first.

How about our families??? How about the family business that we have sold the solution that we honestly believe that it was there to help, small and medium business??? I guess the only thing that you trully cared was yourself and nobody else. One thing that I am going to give to you, you are a genious in reverse selling. I hope that in the future, you can use that amazing talent that you have, to develop and grow and honest business. Or may be? To help the people that you told us to go after. If you have so much integrity, lets help this people.

#9 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Bad Business

AUTHOR: Debbie - (U.S.A.)

I have a rental agreement from Norvergence stating that we were renting a Matrix Soho Communication box from them for the purpose of networking all of our phone lines, home and business, Computers and cell phones. Norvergence entered this contract with us beleiving we were renting it from them. We did not know they would be turning it over to a leasing company.

They ordered it, mounted it, they installed the Fierwall for land lines, router to connect and reconfiguire the computers. The leasing company now wants us to pay for a piece of equipment I can't seem to find any information on or use for. I have a rental agreement not a leasing agreement. This problem is truly between the leasing companys and Norvergence. Problem is Norvergence is broke so now we the small business owners are under fire.

I think that all the small businesses out there should stand together and fight this. In our rental agreement we have a Fraud Proctection feature for Matrix. To bad it wasn't to protect us. I'm tired of being pushes around.

Need information

AUTHOR: Lee - (U.S.A.)

My company has also been scammed by Norvergence/with De Lage Landen rental contracts. Please contact me with information regarding class action lawsuit.

You received all the equipment

AUTHOR: Rich - (U.S.A.)

Sorry to say this but you have not yet caught wind of the Norvergence scam. There is no additional equipment. The router is all you will get.

Norvergence intended to provide you with telecommunciations "service" but transfered that concept to an equipment lease so that Norvergence could be paid up front by the bank, and you would stuck paying the bank according to the rental agreement.

They sold me the Matrix SOHO router but touted it as state-of-the-art technology with proprietary software that electronically identified my telephones so as to avoid a direct bill from the cellular phone companies as well as Quest for my landline long distance. Norvergence did provide and paid for telecommuncations services, but this was totally independent from the equipment provided. Norvergence perpetuated this Ponzi scheme by using the funds from the banks to run its business, sign up more customers, and pay for services. It knew it could not continue indefinitely. It would do or say anything to present a signed contract to the leasing companies who were willing to pay Norvergence simply based on the credit records of the customers. The leasing companies apparently did not perform any due dilligence on the equipment or they would have certainly known that the value of the equipment was only a small fraction of the amount they paid Norvergence.

I presume you did not hear Norvergence's explanation of why you needed the Matrix. But you would have had you asked them. It is too late now that they went bankrupt.

The leasing companies do not care that the equipment was purchased under fraudulent terms. They don't care about anything other than getting paid.

Fortunately, there is a precedent for companies that lease "equipment" that cannot perform the "service" that a company buys. There is a recent case that the FTC successfully brought against a leasing company called Leasecomm that mirrors our case. Hopefully, the FTC will take on our case as well.

If you want to discuss this further, contact me [Place your comments below and be sure to include your FULL contact information so Rip-off Report can contact you.]

Little non profit has been scammed too! useless phone system..

AUTHOR: Debbi - (U.S.A.)

Norvergence did the same to us. We are a small group foster home for teenage boys and money is tight.

Information Leasing Corp. has told us we have to continue payments and can not return equipment or terminate the lease.

We will have paid $37,000 for this useless phone system after 5 years!!!

We are interested in any names, numbers etc. that we can get help, or join any group seeking retribution.

#13 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Mislead by Norvergence

AUTHOR: Corey - (U.S.A.)

I was told by Norvergence that they would provide three services at at least 20% savings for 5 years by installing a Matrix SOHO unit. Once all the paperwork was signed, all they installed was a network router. So the leasing company, C.I.T. Financial, is expecting me to continue making payments on equipment I never even received...???

I would like to join class action suit

AUTHOR: Ngoc - (U.S.A.)

I am supposed to continue paying GE Capital for my useless box (we don't even have it plugged in anywhere, and quite honestly, aren't sure we ever even got a box). I'd like to join any class action suits out there that my apply!

#15 Consumer Suggestion

Scammed too!

AUTHOR: Neil - (U.S.A.)

Just adding my name to join in the group fighting against Norvergence and the leasing companies.
Electric Connection Inc [Place your comments below and be sure to include your FULL contact information so Rip-off Report can contact you.]

#16 REBUTTAL Owner of company

HELP

AUTHOR: Laura - (U.S.A.)

WE ARE A SMALL ELECTRICAL CONTRACTING FIRM AND JUST GOT SIGNED UP WITH NORVERGENCE IN LATE MAY.THEY WERE IN A RUSH TO GET THE MATRIX BOX IN AND INSTALLED TWO OUTGOING 800 NUMBERS FOR US (WHICH WE DIDN'T EVEN WANT). WE GOT THE CELL PHONES. HOWEVER, THEY NEVER ASSUMED OUR LOCAL SERVICE AND LONG DISTANCE AS REQUIRED AND NEVER PAID BILLS TO OUR CURRENT CARRIER BOTH LOCAL AND CELL. WE PAID ONE LEASE BILL, WHICH REPRESENTED 75% OF OUR TOTAL COST FOR THE SERVICES. OUR COMPANY IS ALSO DELAGE FINANCIAL, BUT WE ALSO RECEIVED A LETTER FROM B B & T (NOT KNOWING WHO THEY ARE). I HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO GET INTO THE TELCOM AGENT SITE FOR A PASSWORD ON THE LEGAL COOP. OUR ATTORNEY IS TELLING US TO WAIT. HOWEVER, WE DO NOT WANT TO SCREW UP OUR PERFECT 20 YEAR CREDIT HISTORY.

#17 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Me too !!! Need the lawyers name and tel #

AUTHOR: Marc - (U.S.A.)

I am in the same position as you except my leasing company is Studabaker-Worthington.
I m not paying the lease but they are persueing the monies, so I need the lwyers name and tel number in Florida if anyone knows it.

Business Owner in the same position with De Lage Landen

AUTHOR: Rich - (U.S.A.)

I am in the same position with De Lage Landen and was absolutely floored when they told me I was expected to continue my monthly payments even though they know we were scammed and that the equipment is good for nothing. Let me know what I can do to help.

Business Owner in the same position with De Lage Landen

LEASING COMPANIES HAD TO SCAM KNOWLEDGE

AUTHOR: Sher - (U.S.A.)

We to are a small company scammed by Norvergence and we believe the leasing companies must have had knowledge something was not kosher when they leasing the same "box" for widely ranging leases from a few thousand to 60,000 - 80,000 etc. Norvergence quote was for matrix system to include long distance charges.

We are not paying the lease. There is sure to be a class action suit. There is an attorney in Sarasota Florida who is getting names of Norvergence Customers from the Florida Public Service Commission and has contacted our lawyer in an attempt to pursue voiding the leasing .

File complaints with the county, State Attorney, FCC, and PSC. There should be enough database that we can have a voice to protect ourselves.

cure