Complaint Review: Norvergence/ Joell Duncan

• Submitted: Thu, October 07, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, August 10, 2005

• Reported By:roselle New Jersey
Norvergence/ Joell Duncan
550 Broad Street, Newark NJ 07102 Newark, New Jersey U.S.A.

Norvergence/ Joell Duncan ripped off and scam employees for working for bounced checks Newark New Jersey

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: No court ruling for employees?

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Bankruptcy Response

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Joell didn't have anythiing to do with this!!!!!

*Consumer Suggestion: A glaring warning sign

*UPDATE Employee: I think all employees of Norvergence helped in the rip off of clients willingly and unwillingly.

This message is in reference to Joell Duncan Data Entry Manager /Systems Reporting Programer. I was employed with Norvergence from 11-03 to 07-01-04 final layoff day. I worked under the supervision of Joell Duncan who personally worked for Thomas and Peter Salazano. We worked on the 4th floor inputting the paper work of companies Norvergence scam.

There was a collection taken up for a refrigerator and microwave which we never got. The collection was taken up and given to Joell Duncan which knew 07-01-04 was our deadline for the last day of work.

She refused to refund the money collected because she knew we would eventually be out of work. I as an employee of Norvergence was rip off from receiving the last two weeks of wages and a collection to finance a refrigerator and microwave.

All along Joell knew we the low class wages of $25,000. a year would be let go compared to her $45,000. a year salary. While we were inputting the deals in the Norvergence system she working late for Thomas Salzano were deleting deals out the system to fool the bankers and investor.

I think Joell Duncan should also have a class action suit against her. For the under cover dealings she implented with helping Norvergence scam so many innocent victims.

ripped off employee
roselle, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/07/2004 07:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Norvergence-Joell-Duncan/Newark-New-Jersey-07102/Norvergence-Joell-Duncan-ripped-off-and-scam-employees-for-working-for-bounced-checks-New-111869. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Norvergence/ Joell Duncan

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

No court ruling for employees?

AUTHOR: Chris - (U.S.A.)

I, too, am an ex-employee of Norvergence. I have not received any information as to when, if ever, those of us who filed a claim are going to be paid the money that is owed to us.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Bankruptcy Response

AUTHOR: Vannetta - (U.S.A.)

I'm a previous employee of Norvergence. I was wondering if any of the ex-employees of Norvergence received a response from the bankruptcy court stating the disbursement of funds.

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Joell didn't have anythiing to do with this!!!!!

AUTHOR: Jennifer - (U.S.A.)

Well you should have opened your mouth about the money. She never out right said to anyone who contributed to the microwave/refridge No you can't have your money. The people that did say something to her got their money. Do you think she was going to go around to everyone on that day and ask??? She was just as shocked and upset as everyone was and that was the last thing on her mind. Second, Joell didn't know that 7/1/04 was the date that everyone was going to be layed off. She knew it was coming but didn't know exactly when. Of course it is hard to believe. All of the former employees of Norvergence are waiting for their due pay...we will probably be waiting for years. The last I remembered, we all were layed off. No one was discriminated against the lay off. If that is your only argument then keep it to yourself....it gets really old really fast. Yes it sucks we all got scammed and srewed over and probably still picking up the pieces but we will get our money eventually. Please leave Joell out of this. She did nothing to screw anyone over. She was never in talks with anyone in the company. I would be more concerned with your pay check then with $5 or $10 for a lowsey microwave/refridgerator. So get your facts straight before you make a fool of yourself. Tom and Peter Salzano are the people that are the scum bags, not Joell.

#4 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

Wait,..wait,..wait,....let me get this straight,...you took up a collection ( ?!?!?!? ) for an office microwave and fridge,..(?!?!?!?!?!),..Ok, I can think waaaaaaaaaayyyyyy back when i first went into the business worls, and yes, I went ( breifly ) with a shady company or two,....but I have NEVER been in a company, any company no matter how large or small that didn't have a cheapo microwave and refridgerator,...Didn't you folks think " Gee, we are a company that specializes in leasing ( albeit worthless equipment ) to other people, why can't we lease some kitchen equipment ? "

My problem with norvergence, and the people that it suckered in as both employees and clients is that you forced yourselves to be naive, gullable or just plain stupid because it was convenient and you didn't want to face the warning signs in front of you,....

here's a warning sign,...the smallest , poorest company has a microwave in their breakroom, if you are ever working for a company, and someone in management even mildly suggests that you pony up for some kitchen equipment, you should punch them in the head and call the department of labor,....i'm sure there's something in the laws about providing appropriate break areas,....geeez....

#5 Consumer Suggestion

#6 Consumer Suggestion

#7 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: V - (U.S.A.)

The only one at fault here is the president of Norvergence telecommunications. Who scam not only the customers out of their finances but the employees who processed the the customers paperwork.