Complaint Review: Norvergence

• Submitted: Wed, May 19, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, May 20, 2004

• Reported By:63126 Missouri
Norvergence
550 Broad St. Newark, New Jersey U.S.A.

Norvergence unable to provide the services and cost savings promised! Rip-off! Newark New Jersey

*Consumer Suggestion: How to file an FCC complaint

This is a warning to anyone considering switching their voice and data systems over to Norvergence. Those who have already done so will not have to read this because they have lived it.

I have been in business for over 7 years and this is by far one of the worst decisions I have ever made. Do not be romanced by the potential cost savings because they are not there. It will cost you more money in the long-run. Potentially lots more.

The real key to how they set you up is by leasing you a "Matrix" box for a period of 5-years. This is a totally separate contract for which you are obligated regardless of the type of service or quality you receive from Norvergence. Once you sign this "rental agreement", you are at their mercy. Even if you can manage to get out of your Norvergence contract, you are still renting a $2,000 box for 5-years at $421 per month. That total comes to $25,260.

I will not go into all the details of my experience to-date, but here are some highlights. It took 6-months from the time I signed the initial contract to the time I was connected. Three days after we were connected, they had a nation-wide network failure and my business was down for almost a full business day. I estimate the loss of business for me to be approximately $5,000 (conservative).

Now they are saying that they cannot program my existing phone system to work with their lines. They are telling me my options are: a.) Purchase new phones to handle eight lines (I only ordered four lines) b.) Use a series of program buttons on the existing phones to get a outside line. If all of my employees do not follow this procedure, we will be charged long-distance from SBC. I do not have a contract with SBC, so my guess is they will charge me something like $3 per minute.

Thank God I did not sign-up for the cell phone service. I have heard even worse horror stories about that change-over.

If anyone has any information on how to file a complaint with the FCC, I would appreciate the input. Also, I would be interested in participating as part of a class-action lawsuit. I know this is just the beginning of a long and agonizing journey, but I am resolute in my stance to make this company pay for the damage they have caused.

Michael
63126, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/19/2004 11:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Norvergence/Newark-New-Jersey-07102/Norvergence-unable-to-provide-the-services-and-cost-savings-promised-Rip-off-Newark-New-92125. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Norvergence

#1 Consumer Suggestion

How to file an FCC complaint

AUTHOR: Elliott - (U.S.A.)

I am a telecommunications consultant who has filed many informal complaints with the FCC

Make sure you file an informal compliant as there is no fee to file an informal complaint

If you feel that a telecommunications company misrepresented their product , harming your company, please state that in your complaint

Include supporting documents