• Report: #206611

• Submitted: Thu, August 17, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, August 17, 2006

• Reported By:Arlington Heights Illinois
Novak & Parker Home Appliance
1016 E Northwest Hwy Arlington Heights, Illinois U.S.A.

Novak & Parker Home Appliance Ripoff Failed to fix new oven when still under warranty Arlington Heights Illinois

Novak & Parker sells mainly high end kitchen appliances. Unfortunately, they do not stand behind these products and failed to fix my new oven door that was still under warranty.

The door on the oven never seemed to close completely. Three times I had Novak and Parker repairmen to our house to fix it. The last gentleman told me that if it didn't improve after he looked at it that it might need a "repair kit" and new door hinges from the manufacturer.

Again, it didn't seem to work properly and in fact the oven light started going on without the door being opened by anyone. I called the store again to get it fixed, and they told me I'd have to pay for servicing it at this time and also for a repair kit should one be necessary. I told them I had a work order from months before after it had just been installed with a request to install new door hinges as it didn't close properly when it was under warrantyy and that I'd asked for this repair several times. At that time, they said to contact the manufacturer, that it was the manufacturer's problem.

I wrote to the manufacturer and told them I'd been requesting this repair since the oven had been installed. They assured me that there was indeed a repair kit for the hinges for this oven door and that they would be happy to send me one for a price and that I'd have to pay an installer to have it installed.

I'm thinking that their repairmen are paid per housecall, and the sooner they can get out of one's house, the more they earn. Otherwise, there would have been no reason for them not to do the repair.

No one should support their business--ever.

Thank you.

Debby
Arlington Heights, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2006 03:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Novak-Parker-Home-Appliance/Arlington-Heights-Illinois-60005/Novak-Parker-Home-Appliance-Ripoff-Failed-to-fix-new-oven-when-still-under-warranty-Arli-206611. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Novak & Parker Home Appliance