Complaint Review: Novak and Klien Finance Center

170 Westminster St Suite 400 Providence, Rhode Island United States of America
  • Phone: 8668273779
  • Web:
  • Category: Liars

Novak and Klien Finance Center Too Good To Be True Loan, Low interest rate Providence, Rhode Island

I was online applying for loans for persons with bad credit. I had completely forgotten that I applied until I received a phone call that was approved. My "loan officer" Marcia Perry left several messages, most of which were unaudible, before I finally returned her call. She stated that I was approved for a $10,000 loan at 9% interest rate with $302.77 monthly payments for 36 months. This sounded "too good to be true".She stated that she would email me the paperwork and for me to call her back once I received the contract. Immediately I sensed that something was not quite right when I saw "Collateral" and the loan officer was very careful not to mention that in the original conversation. When I questioned her about this she stated that that was why she advised me to have my lawyer or financial advisor look over the paperwork. She further stated that the company required the 2 months "collateral" payment because they used to just loan the money upfront but then people would just move and they would not be able to collect their money. I pointed out that 2 months would in no way secure the loan and she had no answer for this. This was on Friday, July 27, 2012.

My loan officer called me back and asked if I was still interested in the loan. I stated to her that my lawyer had the paperwork and that my lawyer had some questions but was unable to reach them and that my lawyer was unable to get any information on them. She stated that I could have my lawyer look on their website but to "not" Google anything about the company, which I thought was very odd. Never once did she mention a way that my lawyer could contact them. She became very flustered and I can hear someone in the background coaching her. I asked her if the loan had an expiration date because I would thoroughly investigate them. She stated that my loan had a 7 day expiration. After the loan expired I would have to re-apply. When I asked for the website she stated that it was on the contract. She then suggested that she would speak with her supervisor and see if I could just pay the one month payment and that once I received my funds then I would need to just send them the second payment. She has not called me back. I 'Googled" them since she was so adamant that my lawyer not do so. When my friend and I "Googled" it on Friday, July 27, 2012, we did not find anything. Today when I googled them I saw the reports on Ripoffreport.com. I thank God that I was not anxious and did research thoroughly and patiently waited for something to show up.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2012 05:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Novak-and-Klien-Finance-Center/Providence-Rhode-Island-02903/Novak-and-Klien-Finance-Center-Too-Good-To-Be-True-Loan-Low-interest-rate-Providence-Rh-921716. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Novak and Klien Finance Center