Complaint Review: Novapointe - White Overnight

• Submitted: Mon, October 22, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, October 22, 2007

• Reported By:Grass Valley California
Novapointe - White Overnight
2060 E. Francis St. Ontario, California U.S.A.

Novapointe - White Overnight Scam - Scam - Scam Ontario CALIFORNIA

Appox. 10 months ago an offer for a "Free" White Overnight sample was linked to a web site I was viewing. It advised that all I had to pay for was $3.95 shipping and handling. So i said "why not"? immediately after providing my credit card number I had second thoughts. So I read the "fine print" and saw that if I accepted the "free" sample, I was also agreeing to a 60 day supply to be billed at $89.95 + $16.95 S & H charges. So I immediately called to cancel my order. They refused. I then got the phone number for the parent company NovaPointe, and all they wanted to know is how I managed to get it! So in order to cancel my order I cancelled my credit card. I laid a complaint with my Credit card company and thought that was the end of it.

Last week i was contacted by Access Capital Credit and told I had an outstanding bill for $176.05. (principal - $114.32, ACC Fees $61.75). I wrote and emailed capital credit and spoke with a representative. they advised me that i must pay the amount due. I explained that I'd immediately attempted to cancel my order, and in fact cancelled my credit card to stop payment. They say that i still owe the amount in spite of the fact I've Never received my free sample or the 60 day supply. they said that once I paid the amount due, the 60 day supply would be shipped. I said I don't want it it!!!

They sent me a copy of the contract which reads "grant us permission to to charge $3.95 to your credit card and you'll receive your FREE supply". My point is, as I cancelled the credit card stopping $3.95 payment, that should have been the end of it. The contract further states: "Upon ordering your FREE supply you'll be automatically enrolled in our Auto-Ship program. Under the cancelling portion of the contract it states "If after receiving "free" trial and first autoship, you decide to cancel, contact us within 30 days and we'll cancel all future orders.

But here's the clincher! You are still obligated to pay for the first 60 day shipment. You have to pay for the first shipment. So the offer of a "free" sample by paying only $3.95 S & H charges is totally false. The actual cost is: $3.95 + $89.95 + $16.95 = $110.8!!!!

As I never paid the original $3.95 and immediatlynformed my credit card company, I don't believe I entered into a valid contact. I also believe the contact is totally misleading as it offers something "free" which in fact isn't. I'm still arguing with Access capital credit at this point but they have so far refused to back down and are threatening to place a flag on my perfect (900) credit report. They've offered to accept $114.32 as payment in full, but I don't believe I should have to pay anything.

Please be wary of this SCAM. As I understand it, NovaPointe has several products that they offer "free" with the same contract. It's a Total rip off.

Brian
Grass Valley, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/22/2007 11:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Novapointe-White-Overnight/Ontario-California-91761/Novapointe-White-Overnight-Scam-Scam-Scam-Ontario-CALIFORNIA-280282. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Novapointe - White Overnight