Complaint Review: Ntelos Wireless

• Updated: Tue, August 26, 2014

• Reported By: Jennifer C — Harrisonburg Virginia
Ntelos Wireless
Nationwide USA

Ntelos Wireless No Email Notification Received and Charging Data Overage Nationwide

*Author of original report: Contract ended at the end of July

*General Comment: Wow!!!

I am beyond pissed off at ntelos right now.... I have a 2gb data plan with my mifi 2200. I am supposed to get emails when I approach my data limit, as well as when I go over my limit. The data tracker causes my computer to crash and the connection log that is available with the mifi sign-in program started having issues at the first of the month when it would reset everytime I logged off, so I had no way other than logging onto the ntelos site to check my usage. I checked a few days ago and was no where close to going over my limit (and never received any notifications via email that I was approaching my limit).

Well imagine my surprise when a few days later I go online to check my usage and discover that not only had I went over my limit, but that I will now owe them almost $40 for overage. I wasn't using video, or music, or any intense graphic websites, and yet in only a few days the usage skyrocketed. I contacted them via chat and they said sorry we sent out several notifications according to our records.... well I have no idea who you sent those notices to because I sure never received any of them.

I find it very coincidental that the one or two other times previously that I have went way over my limit suddenly that I also never received notifications on those occasions either. They need to have an option that allows account service to be suspended until billing date resets or I actually authorize the overage to occur. I would have switched to my dial-up for the remainder of the month vs. going over by that ridiculous amount.

I checked my spam folder as well as the trash folder (which had not been emptied since middle of july) and there are no emails from them, other than the one that stated the bill had been paid last month). I think that something needs to be done about this because I feel like they purposefully don't allow notifications to be sent correctly because they want people to end up paying the overage. Definitely looking into switching to a different internet provider.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2014 08:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ntelos-Wireless/nationwide/Ntelos-Wireless-No-Email-Notification-Received-and-Charging-Data-Overage-Nationwide-1172369. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ntelos Wireless

Contract ended at the end of July

AUTHOR: Jennifer C - ()

I also just realized that our contract expired when our plan reset this month..... yet another big coincidence about us not receiving notification about approaching our data limit or about going over our limit when it first occurred. Our current plan doesn't even exist any longer at the price we are at-- very convenient for them that the overage charge of $40 this month will bring our bill closer to their "new" 2gb data plan price seeing as how our total will now be almost $60 vs the normal $20 (current 2gb plans offered are $50).

#2 General Comment

Wow!!!

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

Talk about finding ANY WAY to shirk YOUR responsibility. YOU used the data, NOT them. YOU are responsible for YOUR use of the data, NOT them. If YOU are too LAZY to alt tab and do a quick log in, then THAT is all on YOU. So basically YOU are whining that YOU used the data and are MAD at them for NOT informing YOU of the usage?? Talk about shirking!!! Are YOU not an adult?? Are YOU NOT responsible for YOUR actions?? Why you would sit there and pretty much blame them for YOUR idiocy is beyond me. Just because you THINK you didnt use that much data is not going to change the FACT that YOU DID!!!

Heres a thought, just stay off the web. YOU have shown that YOU are NOT RESPONSIBLE and really shouldnt be allowed to use the web until YOU mature a bit. YOU can be as pissed as you like, still doesnt change REALITY!!!!OK, we get it!! YOU went over on your alloted data. It happens and it was YOUR fault. Grow up and accept that YOU did this to yourself. YOU are attempting to shift the blame onto them in some childish ploy. YOU would have used that data no matter what!!! Even if you did get a notice. People like YOU are so far up the webs ass that there isnt much difference between you and the mouse pad. So you cant sit there and play this game. WE ALL KNOW BETTER!!!!

Grow up and take responsibility for WHAT YOU DID!!! I would suggest that if you are having these issues with SOFTWARE that you get assistance from you internet provider and have them update your programs. This may help fix your problem. If YOU have done NOTHING to resolve those issues with your data tracking programs, then THAT is on YOU as well. People like YOU tend to think that YOU are the victims and attempt to play one on the web. Sory THIS isnt FaceBook. The people who come here are smarter then the average mouth breather, and have experience in retail. So WE have probably heard ALL the excuses. And make no mistake, THEY ARE EXCUSES!!! A way for YOU to feel better about YOUR screw up. So YOU blame them for some perceived slight in order to deflect blame off of yourself.