Complaint Review: Nu View

• Submitted: Mon, October 24, 2005
  • Updated: Sat, August 11, 2007

• Reported By:Oak HIll Virginia
Nu View
7124 Ivakota Road Clifton, Virginia U.S.A.

Nu View Contractor Run away as fast as you can, terrible service, arrogant owner RIPOFF Clifton Virginia

* : thank you so much

*Consumer Comment: know where they are

*Consumer Comment: Can't be removed David

*Consumer Suggestion: thanks

Run, do not walk away from this contractor. They do windows, siding, doors and remodeling. We had them put in new windows and had the worst experience. We signed a contract in April 2005 and the windows arrived 1 week late.

Out of 12 windows they installed, more than half did not work properly, they did not lock. A new 45-degree bay that was supposed to go in was a 30-degree bay. When we pointed this out to the installer he laughed and told us it happens all the time.

Anyway, they put in that bay since I now had a huge hole in my house and promised me a 2-3 week wait for a real 45-degree bay. We waited from July 2 until October 5 for our bay window.

Meanwhile Nu View would not return our calls or give us any information about our windows. They did however threatened to take us to court and insisted we pay the contract in full (which we did not) because they put a window in. (just not the one we ordered).

The 45-degree bay finally arrived and was 4 inches to short in height for the opening so now adjustments need to be made to the trim. They also finally fixed some of the locks.

We did complain to the BBB and the owner of the company threatened me with a lawsuit for slander. The owner of the company also yelled at us on numerous occasions when we called to get information about our window. This is supposed to be a family run business and the 2 head guys (father and son) actually yelled at a customer.

Dian
Oak Hill, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/24/2005 01:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nu-View/Clifton-Virginia-20124/Nu-View-Contractor-Run-away-as-fast-as-you-can-terrible-service-arrogant-owner-RIPOFF-Cl-161894. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nu View

#1

AUTHOR: Dave - (U.S.A.)

hi----dave wassum here in trenton nj, owner of nu view siding windows and doors, not the company this complaint is about.  however, since it was written, my once successful business has practically been destroyed.  when you enter into the internet search "nu view trenton nj"  up comes ----

Nu View Contractor Run away as fast as you can, terrible service, arrogant owner RIPOFF ... I own a company in trenton, nj, named nu view siding, windows & doors. ...www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/161/RipOff0161894.htm - 55k - Cached

when you try to open this link, nine times out of ten it takes longer than 4 or 5 minutes to open.  the vast majority of people simply give up waiting, but nonetheless come away thinking the article is about my company, and i lose the work that i spent my valuable time estimating.  when business suddenly began dropping off drastically, i began calling customers back to see why, and i was told it was due to negative reports on the internet about my company.  i also regularly receive calls from people who ask me up front if that is my company.  of course i say no, but they still seem to be convinced otherwise.  i asked you to remove this ad several years ago, but you refused.  i am now on the verge of bankruptcy, and it simply is not fair, since i am an honest contractor.  my next move is to contact an attorney to see what legal recourse i may have.  most likely i will end up closing up the business after 15 years of hard work.  so again, thanks a lot.

know where they are

AUTHOR: Friendcares - (U.S.A.)

i know where these men are. they are stealing money because they are on drugs. they are manipulating my friend. she is dating one of them and they are trying to use her for credit now. i have location and phone info.

Can't be removed David

AUTHOR: Jennifer - (U.S.A.)

At least if people do search the name Nu View, they will be able to see that it is Nu View located at 7124 Ivakota Road
Clifton Virginia 20124 NOT in New Jersey, and of course they will see your rebuttal stating that you are not the same company. People are going to read the report, not just see the name and run.

#4 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: David - (U.S.A.)

HI. I own a company in trenton, nj, named nu view siding, windows & doors. I am in no way associated with the company discussed in this customers complaint. I take pride in my work and have been in business for 11 years, and while I have had disagreements with one or two difficult customers in the last 11 years, the vast majority of my customers have been more than happy with my work. I am not a high volume business, I actually make a rather meager living doing what I do.

I sincerely hope that I lose no business due to potential customers doing a search on my business name and finding this article. Rather than bad-mouthing a business name on a nationally available forum, it may be more feasible to file a complaint locally with the govt. office that oversees small businesses in your area.

I see no reason why your bad experience with a local company should negatively affect by business and my economic well-being. I really would appreciate it if this complaint was removed from your web-site.

#5 Consumer Suggestion