• Report: #19202

• Submitted: Fri, April 19, 2002
  • Updated: Sun, April 21, 2002

• Reported By:Riverside CA
Nu-kote
Nu-kote International, Inc Franklin,TN 37064 Franklin, Tennessee U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-448-1422
  • Web:
  • Category: Liars

Nu-kote ripoff consumer fraud ripoff Franklin Tennessee

*Consumer Suggestion: You must have over filled your cartridge. Not Nu-kote's fault.

Buying the inkjet replacement cartridge made me think that I would save alot of money, atleast 1/3 of the regular price for the whole cartridge itself. But when we came home and refilled the cartridege following the steps exactly, it just did not seem to stop leaking and it totally screwed up my whole cartridge.
Now all I have to say is TOTAL RIP-OFF!!!!

Rose
Riverside, California

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Nu-Kote

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/19/2002 09:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nu-kote/Franklin-Tennessee-37064/Nu-kote-ripoff-consumer-fraud-ripoff-Franklin-Tennessee-19202. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nu-kote

#1 Consumer Suggestion

You must have over filled your cartridge. Not Nu-kote's fault.

AUTHOR: Wilson - ()

Rose,

You did not state which inkjet printer you have, but I can tell you that I have a Lexmark X83 printer and I refilled the original black and color cartridge over four times using ink refills from HSN (Home Shopping Network, $30 for two blacks, 1 blue, 1 yellow and 1 red) and InkTech. I have made the mistake of filling in too much ink in both cartridges. The instructions do give such a warning not to overfill. I usually set both cartridges on some facial tissue or toilet paper to let the excess ink drain out. I think tell my printer to clean the cartridges. At $30-$35 for a new cartridge, I saved a lot of money.

Refill cartridge kits from whatever company are not a ripoff. If you cannot overfill, then go to Costco where the cartridges are cheaper.