Complaint Review: NuWave Oven/Hearthware

• Updated: Thu, January 03, 2013

• Reported By: Cat — Dallas Texas United States of America
NuWave Oven/Hearthware
1755 N. Butterfield Road Libertyville, Illinois United States of America

NuWave Oven/Hearthware NuWaveOven is a COMPLETE RIPOFF AND SCAM Libertyville, Illinois

This company has been a complete joke and nightmare to work with!  First they do rip you off on shipping!  I mean really, my NuWave Pro was 119.85, but my total was 169.75 (not including tax).  (Keep in mind that I did not purchase this, my husband did.)  Also, the free stuff that they say you do not have to return is complete junk!  I figured, well even if I return the NuWave oven maybe the $50 bucks that I spent on shipping will not be so bad.....NOT!  I tried using the Twister Nuwave to chop a simple onion and it did not work!  It chopped up probably 10% of the onion and made the rest into mush.  As far as the Party Mixer Nuwave, it's just a much cheaper version of a blender that you could buy for $19.99 at Walmart.  Also, everytime I called to find out how to return the oven, it seemed that I got a different story on how to return the item.  The agents seemed to "not" want to help you return the item.  One agent flat out told my husband, "well if your wife just doesn't want it, you can't return it!"  Unbelieveable!  Finally we spoke with a supervisor who provided us with an RA# to return the item.  USPS.com has tried to deliver the item since 12/31.  The company was closed when they tried to return it and no one has signed for it.  I called today (1/3) and an agent told me that she would contact "the client" (???) and let them know that there is a return awaiting their signature.  Not sure what she meant by this since I called the 888 # listed on NuWave's website.  So until this happens, my refund is on hold and I have already thrown the NuWave Twister in the trash where it belongs!  Stay tuned for more updates...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2013 11:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NuWave-OvenHearthware/Libertyville-Illinois-60048/NuWave-OvenHearthware-NuWaveOven-is-a-COMPLETE-RIPOFF-AND-SCAM-Libertyville-Illinois-990595. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NuWave Oven/Hearthware