Complaint Review: NuWave induction cooktop (PIC)

• Submitted: Sat, January 12, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, January 17, 2013

• Reported By: dew — Hockessin Delaware United States of America
NuWave induction cooktop (PIC)
1755 Butterfield Rd Libertyville, Illinois United States of America

NuWave induction cooktop (PIC) Products promised not delivered-misleading ads-ooutrageous shipping charges Libertyville, Illinois

*UPDATE Employee: Order Assistance

Ordered this by phone and was very cautious to listen to the wording of the sales rep since he continued to push for me to sign up for multiple additional items. CAll to place the order took an extremely long time as I was pushed to try one thing after another. I had also read the reviews/complaints and knew to be cautious about how the order was done. By my careful listening, I was getting a buy one get second one for the cost of shipping and handling and a "free" cookware set to go along with this. I turned down the optional second set of cookware "for just the cost of shipping and handling". I received two Nuwave induction cooktops as I expected but no cookware. In addition the shipping and handling charge was $59.95 which was outrageous for the weight and regular shipping and was not mentioned in the phone call-I did not upgrade to faster shipping. I have attempted two phone calls to customer service with wait times so long that I gave up each time. It's my understanding from reading other complaints I've read that if and when I get through to customer service, I will be told that the cookware set only comes if you order and pay for the second set of it as well. It's also my understanding that I can return it all to them but I eat the shipping and handling charges. Very misleading on both their TV ad and the representations by the phone representative. I would not have paid this amount of money for this product. I have no idea whether it works well or not since I have to go purchase induction cookware to use it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2013 04:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NuWave-induction-cooktop-PIC/Libertyville-Illinois-60048/NuWave-induction-cooktop-PIC-Products-promised-not-delivered-misleading-ads-ooutrageous-995809. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NuWave induction cooktop (PIC)

Order Assistance

AUTHOR: Hearthware Becky - (United States of America)

Hello, my name is Becky. I am the Social Media Marketing Manager for Hearthware, the makers of the

NuWave PIC. Im terribly sorry to hear that there was a miscommunication during your ordering process. Our customer service representatives will be happy to look into this situation for you and correct any inconsistencies they find. They can best be reached by email at picsupport@hearthware.com. Once you send them an email with your order information and any questions or concerns you may have, you can expect a response within 72 business hours. Thank you for your patience.