Complaint Review: Nuance

• Submitted: Wed, March 25, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, March 25, 2009

• Reported By:Irving Texas
Nuance
1 Wayside Road Burlington, Massachusetts U.S.A.

Nuance 15-day trial scam Burlington Massachusetts

12/3/07 I downloaded a 15-day trail version of PaperPort software from Nuance (I had to give my credit card number to get this trail version). The standard price of the software is $199.99 if the trial is not cancelled before 15 days.

12/10/07 I emailed Nuance, told them I was canceling before the 15 days, and asked that they not charge my credit card.

12/17/07 Nuance emailed me stating that I have "ordered" the software for $199.99.

12/18/07 $199.99 is billed to my credit card by Nuance.

12/19/07 I emailed Nuance. Nuance emailed me back stating "We show your trial order was already cancelled, and your credit card has not been charged." Obviously, this was false.

12/2008 Notified my credit card company that I dispute this charge.

01/15/2008 No credit issued by Nuance. No contact from Nuance to explain why no credit issued.

01/2008 Had to fill out dispute form, print out web pages, wait in line at Post Office, and mail form (certified mail) to credit card company. Credit card company gave me very tight deadline and had set may traps that could cause my dispute to be denied without considering the facts. Credit card company seemed to want to believe the sellers' side of disputes.

02/15/2008 No credit issued by Nuance. No contact from Nuance. By now they must have known that I was not willing to just pay them and forget about it. Were they hoping that I would miss my deadline with the credit card company, and win the dispute?

02/20/2008 Call Nuance toll free number asking for financial or legal departments. Rep was no help. Rep would not transfer me, would not give me direct department phone numbers, would not give department email addresses. No way to talk to a person that could resolve this.

02/20/2008 Filed electronic complaint with my State's Attorney General.

02/22/2008 Had to fill out another dispute form, print out web pages (AGAIN), wait in line at Post Office, and mail form (certified mail) to credit card company. Again, credit card company gave me very tight deadline and had set may traps that could cause my dispute to be denied without considering the facts.

03/03/2008, Credit card company finally credited the $199.99 back to my account. Still no contact from Nuance.

Savvy
Irving, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2009 05:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nuance/Burlington-Massachusetts-01803/Nuance-15-day-trial-scam-Burlington-Massachusetts-437665. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nuance