Complaint Review: Nutri-Vet

• Updated: Thu, January 24, 2013

• Reported By: Chris — Palm Bay Florida United States of America
495 Dupont Ave. Boise, Idaho United States of America

Nutri-Vet Product almost killed my dog Boise, Idaho

My dog started to limp, so I gave him a dog aspirin from the company Nutri-Vet. The dose was 1 tablet for dogs 50lbs. and over. (at the time my dog was 55lbs) I gave him one dose. He then developed bloody vomit, and bloody diarrhea, to the point that I had to carry him to the animal ER. He was near death, and they gave him 2 blood transfusions, and was in the animal ER for 2 days recovering. The Vet at the animal Er said she belived that the dog aspirin caused the sickness, due to the fact that the aspirin was the only variable, and my dog has had no history of these symptoms prior to the aspirin, and was in good health before the aspirin. I contacted the company, and I was told that I would be reinbursed for my vet bill, which came to $4292.00. That was in October, and I am still waiting for some reimbursement.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2013 11:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nutri-Vet/Boise-Idaho-83713/Nutri-Vet-Product-almost-killed-my-dog-Boise-Idaho-1002365. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nutri-Vet