Complaint Review: Nutrimax Labs

• Submitted: Wed, January 05, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, January 05, 2011

• Reported By: Keith — Washington Michigan U.S.A.
Nutrimax Labs
47 W Polk St, Ste 100-248 Chicago, Illinois United States of America

Nutrimax Labs Nutrimax Labs Nutrigenic Life, El Tecal, Panama, My Diet Max Cleanse, ELGTECH, Diet Max Cleanse, My Colon Cleanse, Profit Vault, My Detox Cleanse, Natural Detox Engaged Collections agency who threatened to file negative credit report 18 months later Chicago, Illinois

At least 18 months ago I ordered the trial of Acai Berry and Colon Cleanse for the shipping price of $3.97. On its arrival (which took 5 days)I read the full requirements to comply with their return program and realized that I had less than a week to evaluate the product and return it if I did not want to continue its use.

Seven days is not enough time to do an evaluation so I returned the whole batch IMMEDIATELY with delivery confirmation through USPS. The confirmation was received 2 days later, well within their 15 day window. Fortunately I used a feature of my credit card that allows a single use number to be supplied to the merchant. This single number prevents fraudulent billing.

Approx 2 weeks later I received a call from the CC company telling me a charge of $80 had been attempted against my card and should they honor it. I explained the situation and the CC card rep said "Oh yes, we run into a lot of these, I will return it".

End of story? NOT! Dec 29th 2010 I got a call from a (supposed) Collections agency saying that I was delinquent in payment, that I owed$80 but that the company would accept $60 and which card should they charge it to? The number they called from was 321-285-2380, which rang as a fax machine when I called it back

I told this guy in no uncertain terms I was not going to pay one penny, I had met their criteria for a return and it was done as far as I was concerned. He persisted in asking for a CC number and I repeatedly declined. He finally said "You really want me to file this as no payment" to which I replied "Correct".

Of course, I do not have records from a year and a half ago - this was all taken care of (I thought) so I have no proof. How long can they keep this going for? This Collections guy then proceeds to tell me that a negative credit report will be filed with the three collections agencies and that I should "expect a lot more phone calls from this number". Well I have had a lot more calls and have ignored them.

My question - how can I avoid a negative credit report as this is NOT an unpaid bill, it was a legitimately disputed amount that was correctly reversed by my credit card company? Of course, now I see all the reports on these companies and the BBB caution issued in 2010. Doesn't help me as my situation goes back prior to August 2009.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/05/2011 05:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nutrimax-Labs/Chicago-Illinois-60605-2085/Nutrimax-Labs-Nutrimax-Labs-Nutrigenic-Life-El-Tecal-Panama-My-Diet-Max-Cleanse-ELGTEC-679205. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nutrimax Labs