Complaint Review: Nutrisaver

• Submitted: Wed, November 07, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, November 07, 2012

• Reported By: Randal — APO AE Other United States of America
, New Jersey United States of America

Nutrisaver ,possibly taking advantage of military/DoD overseas located New Jersey

I placed an order for three bottles of Natures Optimal Nutrition on Amazon.  The product was sold by Nutrisaver.  The product was shipped on May 30, 2012 - May 31, 2012 and arriving the middle of May.  Being overseas at an APO, I order quantities to ensure I have a stockpile. Once received, I simply unpacked the box and stored the bottles until I finished what I was using at the time.  When the time came, I retrieved a bottle and found to my surprise that the bottles have an expiration date of 07/12 that was about two weeks after I received the product. I contacted Nutrisaver and they indicated through email that they would not replace the product or refund the cost because I had waited past the period of return.  I fully understand their return policy (its not a constitutional law), however, they shipped a product to me that would expire in the first place (in two weeks).  No matter how I indicated this to them (I think they can do math) they would not budge. I contacted Amazon and they were no help.  Now, even if I had noticed the expiration date, it would have cost me to send back (not cheap now days) and the time and trouble.  Not only was I ripped off but Im concerned that, this less than honest company, is or will take advantage of other Soldiers, Sailors, Marines and Department of Defense Civilian working overseas.  I do not have a mailing address for the company and am having trouble finding one but I did get a fax number to fax a copy of my complaint.  The area code is a 201 code, which is New Jersey.  I guess if my submission does not get results on Ripoff Report, I can file a complaint with consumer protection at the federal government.  Being a retired vet also, maybe some veteran organization can help so we can prevent this happening to our military personnel.  I have retained receipts, emails and the product for reference.  Exact location of Nutrisaver is unknown.  Possible company/headquarters in France with points of contact in New Jersey.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/07/2012 08:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nutrisaver/-New-Jersey-/Nutrisaver-possibly-taking-advantage-of-militaryDoD-overseas-located-New-Jersey-965838. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nutrisaver