adults

• Submitted: Tue, January 03, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, January 03, 2006

• Reported By:phoenix Arizona
Nutrisystem
200 Welsh Road Horsham, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Nutrisystem Poorest service ever!! ripoff Horsham Pennsylvania

Ordered Nutrisystem products online for myself and then also ordered for another person that I was treating. I didn't realize that after I ordered for myself, I was "logged in" to the site and needed to log out. So I placed both orders under my name inadvertently, meaning that my friend could not create her own profile and would not receive the "free week" advertised.

I tried to get help online. There was a ridiculously long wait for an online "chat" with a customer representative, only to find out that I had to call Nutrisystem because my complaint couldn't be handled "online". There is nothing on the website to explain what you can use the online reps for and what you can't. So I wasted over 15 minutes waiting for an online chat that got me nowhere.

Finally the phone rep (after 10 minute hold) said there wasn't anything she could do to help us create 2 separate profiles. We were just out of luck. And since it got logged under my name, no, my friend couldn't get the free week of food because it was "one per customer". But the rep said she would give me a $25 credit to my credit card (haven't seen it yet.

It's been over a week since this was promised to me) and a $20 coupon for future orders. So basically they screwed me out of everything we were entitled to because their website didn't warn me that I was "logged in" and would need to "logout" to create a new order identity. Frankly a $20 coupon for my next purchase is basically nothing because I don't plan to order again.

Problem 2: I have searched the website for a way to cancel the "autoship" on one of my TWO accounts, and the site alludes to the fact that you can canel or edit your shipments online. It literally has a link that says "edit/cancel order autoships". However, when I clicked on it it was not apparent how to cancel, only to edit. So I thought maybe if I edited all the foods on the order to "quantity ZERO" it would cancel my order. When I finished zeroing out all the menus, all I got for my trouble was an error message saying (basically) "DUH, moron! You can't order NOTHING". Fine.

So I logged back in to the customer service online at 10:32 a.m. 1/3/06 and also dialed my phone (I just love broadband!) also for a phone rep, figuring between the two I would get help faster that way. At 11 a.m. an online rep answered that (basically) "You can't cancel online. Call in." Nice. 30 minutes of waiting (and still waiting for a phone rep) to get the door slammed in my face.

11:20 a.m. I've been holding on the phone for nearly an hour. I'm about to go bananas from the endless loop of the same voice ads and useless apologies about the wait. If they don't answer soon, I will send registered mail to their company via USPS (I will do that anyway, actually) AND cancel my credit card so they can't charge it on 1/31/06 when they try again. And if anything is delivered I will call UPS to pick it back up as refused.

Don't waste your time (ESPECIALLY YOUR TIME!) or money with this company. I've never seen such a lack of regard for customers or such a wishy-washy website. They need some lessons in what to put on a website for it to be helpful and effective!

K
phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2006 11:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nutrisystem/Horsham-Pennsylvania-19044/Nutrisystem-Poorest-service-ever-ripoff-Horsham-Pennsylvania-170235. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nutrisystem