Complaint Review: Nutrisystem

• Submitted: Mon, February 11, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, February 11, 2013

• Reported By: Rich — Fredericksburg Virginia United States of America
600 Office Center Drive, Fort Washington, PA 19034 Internet United States of America

Nutrisystem Deceptive practices, poor plan, poor dieting habits, lousy food Internet

I believed the advertisements and celebrity endorsers for Nutrisystem.  I am a man and was attracted to the program as Terry Bradshaw and Dan Marino supposedly used it.  I received my food and noticed right away the extremely low caloric content of the food and it high sodium level requiring you to augment your diet.  It is not a complete plan or system. Many of the meals are in the 150 calorie range.  There are a lot of snacks and desserts which I don't believe promote a lifestyle change at all for anyone looking to lose weight long term.  There are enough of the items to have 1 or two each month.  The frozen food was not packed in dry ice and was not frozen upon delivery.  It was a cold day but nothing was packed in dry ice to keep it frozen.  I kept debating about returning the food and should have done so right away.  The food I did try was substandard.  I decided to return it and request a refund, but they only offer a return refund during the initial 14 days.  I was a couple days late and was told I would receive a partial refund.  They require you to pack up the items which is not problem, but then require you to itemize each item you are returning which is really cumbersome with all those snacks and desserts.  I thought about not returning it as they don't make it easy for you at all.  I was told that if I didn't return it I would be charged another $69 dollars as when I ordered on the internet if you don't order a second month they charge you the cost of the discount.  There are multiple customers warning of the poor quality of their products on the internet.  Don't believe me.  Read this review at livestrong.com.  I wish I had.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2013 07:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nutrisystem/internet/Nutrisystem-Deceptive-practices-poor-plan-poor-dieting-habits-lousy-food-Internet-1012120. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nutrisystem