Complaint Review: Nutrition Craze Group

• Reported By: Teri — LA MESA California United States of America
Nutrition Craze Group

Nutrition Craze Group Acai Optimum Scam bait & switch, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Acai Optimum Scam

What a scam!  I've taken some info from another similar story as my own:

I found this company by following a link in a purported "news" story from "health5news". The "news" story is laced with links to the Acai Optimum site and tells a wonderful weight loss story.  The report is glowing with information about how the cost of the 30 day free trial is only $1.95 and no automatic shipping commitment.  Sounds good.

When you click a link in the story it takes you to the Acai Optimum website. When you fill out the information for the offer, and after you have given them your credit card information you find out they are going to charge you $99.96 and give you a rebate to bring the cost down to $1.95 AND enroll you in an automatic shipping program.

The fact that there are "gotchas" is partially disclosed on the payment page but in very small print which I didn't notice until after the order was placed.

I immediately emailed to cancel the order and received a confirmation email that it has been cancelled.  2 days later the charge appeared on my credit card so I emailed again and received the same.  Was never refunded so I called and argued with someone for a long time, then asked for supervisor "Dave" who argued for an equally long time and agreed to credit my account $50, he gave me a refund number..We'll see if anything results.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/01/2010 12:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nutrition-Craze-Group/internet/Nutrition-Craze-Group-Acai-Optimum-Scam-bait-switch-Internet-646566. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nutrition Craze Group

Acai Optimum Scam

AUTHOR: Nutrition Craze (or) NTR - (United States of America)

I had the same experience with this report, only I haven't received a penny from the so-called rebate.

They withdrew $215.77 from my account from Aug. 25, 2010 - Aug. 31, 2010.

I spoke with 4 different agents and was told I had to send an additional $25.00 to receive my rebate. The last agent I spoke with was Agent 41, and he told me my rebate had been processed! Still waiting!!!

I certainly wouldn't have paid this much for a product when I didn't know whether or not it would help me.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC