Complaint Review: Nuwave Precision Cooktop

• Updated: Thu, June 20, 2013

• Reported By: mcdaniel — va beach Virginia
Nuwave Precision Cooktop
1755 N Butterfield Road Libertyville, Virginia USA

Nuwave Precision Cooktop MEDICAL ALERT--ANYONE WITH AN ICD OR PACE MAKER SHOULD NOT GET WITHIN 2 FEET OF COOKTOP! Libertyville Virginia

*Author of original report: address correction for Nuwave

I ordered 2 NUWAVE cooktops for 2 of my elderly relatives as gifts. After we opened the box to read the instructions we find out that ANYONE  with an ICD or heart pace maker cannot get closer than 2ft to the cooktop. Both of my relatives have pacemakers. When I called to return the cooktops because the MEDICAL ALERT  was not diclosed on the website or by phone prior to ordering  "they" told me I could not get my $59.90 in shipping refunded because "they" disclosed the issue in the box that was shipped. I asked to speak to a supervisor and the clerk said they will not give you the shipping back either. After speaking to the supervisor and she told me the same thing and that no matter who i spoke to i would not get my shipping back.  I asked for her supervisor. She (Shar) told me she could only leave my number for corporate to call me back.
Shar then transferred me back to clerk( Amanda) and when i asked Amanda for the name of her company she told me Hearthware. Amanda then said she represents Hearthware. I then asked for the name of her company and she would not tell me.

Obviously, the marketing company representing Hearthware and the Legal team representing Hearthware need to review,  educate and be prepared for medical lawsuits.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2013 02:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nuwave-Precision-Cooktop/Libertyville-Virginia-23452/Nuwave-Precision-Cooktop-MEDICAL-ALERT-ANYONE-WITH-AN-ICD-OR-PACE-MAKER-SHOULD-NOT-GET-1060789. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nuwave Precision Cooktop