Complaint Review: Nye Orhberg

• Submitted: Tue, December 11, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, December 11, 2012

• Reported By: Elizabeth — San Juan Capistrano California United States of America
Nye Orhberg
1621 West 25th Street, Ste 337 San Pedro, California United States of America

Nye Orhberg America's Promotions agreed to pay me an hourly wage for phone calls made from my home, but has failed to pay for services despite repeated requests. San Pedro, California

I was referred to Nye via a mutual business acquaintance. After several email conversations as well as telephone discussions, I agreed to make marketing calls from my home for a fee of $30 per hour. After working almost 25 hours, I received an email from one of his assistants telling me I would be paid $12 per hour. Naturally, Nye was unavailable to discuss this with me.

After almost 2 weeks of trying to reach Nye to receive payment for hours worked (prior to his decision to change the terms of our agreement), I finally reached his wife Leah. She assured me that I would be paid the agreed-upon amount and asked me to return a W-9 form which I immediately did.

More time passed. More emails were sent to both Nye and Leah, with no response. More phone messages were left, with no response. The person who made the referral also attempted to contact Nye, to "shame" him into paying me - to no avail.

As of this date, I have been attempting to obtain the money Nye owes me for almost 5 months! For all of his bluster and stories of how successful he is, Nye is awfully reluctant to part with less than $750.

If this is how he treats the people who work for him (and I might add that I still has a record of all potential clients of his that I contacted, along with phone numbers, should the need arise to contact them and enlighten them to his character), I can't imagine that he treats his clients any better. In fact, I've learned through internet searches that he doesn't treat them well at all.

My advice is to run the other way. This man (and sadly his wife as well) are completely lacking in integrity.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/11/2012 10:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nye-Orhberg/San-Pedro-California-90732/Nye-Orhberg-Americas-Promotions-agreed-to-pay-me-an-hourly-wage-for-phone-calls-made-from-980842. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nye Orhberg