Complaint Review: OAN - Better Benefits Org. - Better Bus.Org.ine - webhostmthly

• Submitted: Thu, April 03, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, April 03, 2008

• Reported By:Huntington Park California
OAN - Better Benefits Org. - Better Bus.Org.ine - webhostmthly
1230 Ave. Of The Americas New York, New York U.S.A.

OAN - Better Benefits Org - Better Bus.Org.inet - webhostmthly Deceptive call Just checking your Free listing. Just checking current listing on phone book ad. New York New York

I received a phone call from a man, probably of East Indian decent because he had a heavy accent and was very hard to underestand. He wanted to check information on our phone book listing ad. I told him I was not interested in buying anything, and that the only phone book business ad I had was the complimentary, free, one.

He told me that he wasen't selling anything at all. He was just checking information. I repeated that I was not buying anything!!

He asked the company name, my name, address, etc. I tried to answer without saying yes or ok. The call ended and I thought that was the end of it.

While checking my companies current AT&T phone bill, I notices a $32.05 charge called OAN Services, Inc. I called the number on the top of the bill relating to this charge, and I got a VERY nasty, smart aleck, woman who informed me that I was recorded on tape as requesting the service.

She played the recording, and naturally, the parts where I specifically said I will not buy anything, were edited out. Bottom line, I had to pay for 2 months of this bogus service. I learned a very good lesson. I told the woman that she should be ashamed of herself to be making money by cheating businesses like that. It was like talking to a stump though!

Ken
Huntington Park, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/03/2008 09:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OAN-Better-Benefits-Org-Better-BusOrgine-webhostmthly/New-York-New-York-10020/OAN-Better-Benefits-Org-Better-BusOrginet-webhostmthly-Deceptive-call-Just-checkin-323337. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OAN - Better Benefits Org. - Better Bus.Org.ine - webhostmthly