Complaint Review: OAN - Better Benefits Org., Inc

• Submitted: Thu, March 19, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, March 19, 2009

• Reported By:Dallas Texas
OAN - Better Benefits Org., Inc
Rockefeller Plaza Center, 1230 Avenue Of The Americas, 7th Floor Suite 212 New York, New York U.S.A.

Better Benefits Organization, Better Benefits Org., Inc, - WEBHOSTING MTHLY OAN - WEB HOSTING; DIRECTORY SERVICE Phone Bill Slamming New York New York

Be cautious of anyone calling to "verify" your information for a free business lisitng, even if you go through the conversation and tell them you don't want to buy anything or are not interested.

This exact thing happend to me where I receive a phone call from a person claiming they were with the phone company and wanted to verify our free business listing. I told them I was a not interested, I was not authorizing any service and was not purchasing a thing. I then verified that I was the person who could make the decision and that was my mistake.

On my phone bill I had a charge from OAN billing on behalf of Better Benefits Org. - Webhosting Mthly for $29.95.

We do not need "webhosting" we have our own website...

I then entered a search for the company name and found the website of www.betterbenefitsorg.com and went to it. Guess what, they are a directory listing service... SCAM... I input my company info in the search fields and we are not even listed in there.

When I called OAN, I spoke to Dianna, I gave her the information from the phone bill and was initially told that she did not have an account. I explained to her that we were receiving the $29.95 charge for a service that we did not authorize, and as I understand it this is CRAMMING and is illegal. She suddenly was able to find my account and amazingly had a recording where "I" authroized the free 30 day trial service. The recording was obviously doctored there was an East Indian lady (based on accent) asking questions then it would cut over to my voice saying yes or my name and the background noise was different between her speaking and my "answers" plus every yes answer was "EXACTLY" the same, I do not speak like that.

I have the service cancelled and got a confirmation number but they will not refund for the service, even though we were not listed in this "web hosting" directory service.

I think we were web hosed....

Barking mad
Dallas, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2009 12:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OAN-Better-Benefits-Org-Inc/New-York-New-York-10020/Better-Benefits-Organization-Better-Benefits-Org-Inc-WEBHOSTING-MTHLY-OAN-WEB-HOS-435675. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OAN - Better Benefits Org., Inc