Complaint Review: OAN Laurentel, Inc.

• Submitted: Wed, September 09, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, September 09, 2009

• Reported By: Austin — Austin Texas USA
OAN Laurentel, Inc.
Unk. Nationwide United States of America

OAN Laurentel, Inc. Charged me for fictitious account. Nationwide

Charges appeared on my AT&T phone bill for 6 months, for "LD & V-Mail."  My wife paid the bills without noticing.  I paid the bill one month and saw it.  I contacted both AT&T and the crammer.  AT&T effectively forced the crammer to refund, and AT&T gave me credit for all payments.

The crammer said the account was opened, over the Internet, by some person with an unpronounceable name--something like Bingyang Poontak--whom I didn't know and didn't authorize.  The crammer rep said they make no effort to see whether the person opening the account has authority to charge the phone number offered by the person.

The same thing was happening for about the same length of time with another crammer--USBI/Cheap2Dial Telephone, LLC.  I'm filing a separate report about them.

Something I saw in dealing with these two companies makes me think that the crammer offered some sort of cash or credit-card reward to people like Bingyang, if he exists, when they opened one of these fraudulent accounts, and that the account itself was never used.  It was only opened to get the cash reward.  I can't recall what I saw, so I may be wrong.

AT&T was extremely responsive and effective.  The AT&T reps know about these scams and are ready and able to undo them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/09/2009 05:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OAN-Laurentel-Inc/nationwide/OAN-Laurentel-Inc-Charged-me-for-fictitious-account-Nationwide-492425. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OAN Laurentel, Inc.

Frontier