Complaint Review: OAN Services, Inc.

• Submitted: Thu, June 12, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, June 12, 2008

• Reported By:Long Beach California
OAN Services, Inc.
www.oanservices.com Northridge, California U.S.A.

OAN Services, Inc. Rip Off Scam By Verizon Online Operators via OAN Services Northridge California

I have unlimited local and long distance with my Verizon phone company. I also have Verizon Online sevice, which are billed together on my telephone bill. I, on average make long distance calls maybe once every 3 monthes, (in the U.S.) and I do not not ever make outside of the country calls. Ever.

On April 17, 2008, I called my phone company to inquire about my balance, I have noticed that I automatically get directed to a Verizon Online operator, which sounds as if this employee is out of the country. Anyhow, they find that I have been directed wrong and I too must let them know that I only want to speak with my local telephone company, so they give me the 800 number after finding I am in the state of California, then offer to transfer me but they do not say there will be a charge since they use the OAN Service to do this. Next thing you know I am being charged with a $7.50 fee, that was totally unecessary. I find this very fraudulant, and I know from now on, I will only use the Online operator to contact my local company, please people do not use the local 800 numbers for they misdirect us, and we get secretly and without consent charged with this scam!

Irene and Michael
Long Beach, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2008 11:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OAN-Services-Inc/Northridge-California/OAN-Services-Inc-Rip-Off-Scam-By-Verizon-Online-Operators-via-OAN-Services-Northridge-Ca-339636. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OAN Services, Inc.