Indian

Complaint Review: OAN Services, Inc.

• Submitted: Fri, November 21, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, February 10, 2010

• Reported By:Perris California
OAN Services, Inc.
www.oanweb.com Nationwide U.S.A.

OAN OAN Services, Inc. Fraudulent Directory Assistance Charges on my Verizon phone bill Nationwide

I received my monthly bill from Verizon, which includes my home telephone service and my on-line (DSL) service. I am on the life line program due to the fact that I am a low-income senior paraplegic on disability/ss income. So when I receive a phone bill $15.00 more than I expected, I took a closer look at my bill. This may not seem to be a great deal of money to some but for me however it is the difference between having phone service or not!

Upon further review of the charges I see 2 charges for Operator Assistance calls threw USF Carrier? with a charge of $5.49 ea and a administration fee of $1.65 bringing the total to $ 12.63!! For calls I never made!

After several attempts to contact this OAN Services, inc. to no avail. I have contacted Verizon and informed them of the fraud and I do not intend to pay it.

I feel Verizon should be verifying these charges from outside providers, if they are going to collect the fees for them! Including in the fee in our monthly basic billing for home phone service.

After all my thanksgiving Turkey didn't cost 12.63!!!!!!!!

Check those monthly basic needs billings closely, We tend to just pay them due to the fact that we consider them necessities and reputable companies handling the accounts, so we consider them the least of the problems. I know I was wrong in thinking so.

Clara
Perris, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/21/2008 01:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OAN-Services-Inc/nationwide/OAN-OAN-Services-Inc-Fraudulent-Directory-Assistance-Charges-on-my-Verizon-phone-bill-Na-393543. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OAN Services, Inc.