Complaint Review: OAN Services

• Updated: Wed, March 25, 2009

• Reported By:Berlin Massachusetts
OAN Services
http://www.billview.com/oan/faq.htm Internet U.S.A.

OAN Services - Billview - Billing Concepts On my Verizon Bill--Could not even tell me who they were billing for Internet

*Consumer Comment: i had this charge mine was premium msg

*Consumer Comment: Same thing is happening to me!!

This started appearing on my phone bill at $9.95 a month. When I called to question what it was for they could not tell me who they were billing for. When I told them I never ordered anything to be put on my phone bill, I was told I must have clicked on a popup on the computer. I have a popup blocker.

It has shown up again this month, but with a description, for a "residential E-mail fee". I don't know what this is and will be calling them again. And from the number of complaints I am seeing here and on other sites about this organization, it appears they have gone from using the phone to manipulate things to using the internet and, apparently according to the representative I talked to, website popups, a very manipulative way of tacking charges on unsuspecting persons' bills.

Does anyone know what a "residential e-mail" is?? I pay my DSL company for my email and the only other one is a Yahoo (free e-mail).

Anonymous
Berlin, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2009 08:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OAN-Services/internet/OAN-Services-Billview-Billing-Concepts-On-my-Verizon-Bill-Could-not-even-tell-me-who-431635. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OAN Services

i had this charge mine was premium msg

AUTHOR: Carol - (U.S.A.)

call them back. Mine was a third party. I had to call them (third party) and get it refunded and cancelled. Got it doing a IQ test online. I don't think much of Verizon for allowing thier customers who are trusting to be used like this. Sham on Verizon. Both of these companies are hoping that we will not notice.

Same thing is happening to me!!

AUTHOR: Uiucstudent - (U.S.A.)

You have been crammed! I just had it happen to me, by OAN and Infosource. I am in the process of getting credit.