Complaint Review: OAN

• Reported By:Bronx New York
OAN
OAN.com Nationwide U.S.A.

OAN USA Voicemail ripoff dishonest fraudulent billing Internet

I received my September, 2004 phone bill with an OAN service billing me for USA Voicemail in the amount of $13.34. I did not order this voicemail service. So, I tried to telephone them at their 800-944-0171 number. All I got all day was a busy signal. I spoke to Verizon about this. They said they couldn't do anything about this, and that I might try going on-line to see if OAN had e-mailed a confirmation notice to me. I did, in fact, see an e-mail that said that I should confirm a messaging voice service, but I was afraid to open it, because I hadn't applied for any such service. I thought that this might be a trick to get me to open the e-mail, and that they might consider this a confirmation. I tried again the next day to call them. I got a message telling me that they would be open at 9 a.m. I still can't seem to get through to them. There should be a law that if a company wants your business, that you personally have to confirm acceptance, instead of saying that your non-compliance is considered confirmation. I wasn't on-line for several days. I was told by another company that had billed me without my permission for message voicemail, that the e-mail gives you three days to cancel. That's great if you know its there.

Brenda
Bronx, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/31/2004 10:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OAN/nationwide/OAN-USA-Voicemail-ripoff-dishonest-fraudulent-billing-Internet-1034067. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OAN