Complaint Review: OAN/INSTANT 411

• Submitted: Wed, May 12, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, May 12, 2010

• Reported By: Idella — Orangeburg South Carolina U.S.A.
OAN/INSTANT 411

OAN/INSTANT 411 regulatory@800vmailbox.com Unauthorized billing for directory assistance @$14.95 per month when Bellsouth offers the same service for 45 cents per use. Internet

I could not figure out why my home phone bill was so costly when I only had local service on it.  So I went through the bill and removed privacy manager for $10 a month.  My bill should have been around $31-32 a month.  I discovered a charge for $14.95 on my bill.  I had reported this to my phone company a few months back and was surprised to find out OAN/INSTANT 411 had been billing my account every month.

I called them and was told that I had signed up for this directory assistance service over the internet in October 2009.  I immediately reported them to the Better Business Bureau and Consumer Protection at the Federal Trade Commission.  No sane person would pay $14.95 for a service they already get for $.45 (45 cents).  I am outraged!

This company had the gall to send me a copy of some bogus letter they supposedly mailed me.  I am pursuing this until they refund my money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/12/2010 06:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OANINSTANT-411/internet/OANINSTANT-411-regulatory800vmailboxcom-Unauthorized-billing-for-directory-assistance--602398. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OAN/INSTANT 411