ED Magedson – Founder
OC Advertising Solutions333 S Anita Dr. #805 Orange CA 92868 Orange, CA 92 Orange, California USA
OC Advertising Solutions scam ripoff marketing lies sports Angels advertising fake non-profit corporate Orange California
Where to begin...
Just browse the company's website for a few minutes and you'll start getting a strangely vague, non-descriptive picture of... well, you'll probably have no idea. That's because this company claims to be both a marketing business for virtually every California sports team, as well as a non-profit organization. (very similar to the Landers Group... look it up).
This "business" targets young, aspiring college-aged students. They get roped in with lofty promises of promotion and making a lot of money. They are really good at what they do. Honestly, a good friend of mine was going to interview at OC Advertising Solutions, but luckily figured out it was a scam before doing so. We are not exactly sure what they do, or what their ultimate goal is. However, we are POSITIVE they are lying about everything. Here are a few examples:
1. After calling HR, I asked what the company does. [continued below]....
2. For a "marketing business" that's partnering with the Dodgers, Angels, A's, etc, it's very interesting that nowhere on the Internet can you find ANY information about OC Advertising Solutions. Except their poorly created website. On the site, they claim to have been around since the 90's doing something... not sure what. I finally had the chance to speak to their manager (by going in person to their office), where he told me the company is 7-months old.
3. One of my worst findings... while talking to a different HR woman, I asked about their non-profit work. She listed off a vague description of their partnership with Children's International. I work in the non-profit sector, so asked if I could get their federal tax ID (something all non-profits have). Quickly the HR lady put me on hold. When she returned she said: "Actually, the non-profit part of this business is a different department." Can I talk to them? "No, there's no direct line." Wow. A scam that falsely associates itself with a real non-profit like Childrens International. That is sick.
4. Even the most novice marketing person knows identity is everything. Companies want you to know who they are and they want to make it personal. No one is interested in cold facts or irrelevant statistics. People don't care about Apple's assembly line numbers... but they'll watch a documentary on Steve Jobs. OC Advertising Solutions says the following on their website:
"The company was started with the sole vision of our founder and CEO, who set out to reshape the donor acquisition business by reintroducing the all-important personal touch."
So, you have a CEO who's "reshaped the donor acquisition business" yet his name can't be found anywhere on your site, any article, or on the rest of the world-wide web? Sorry to break it to you, OC Solutions, but the world just doesn't work like that. We're not stupid enough to accept such ambiguous nonsense.
5. Last but not least, when I visited their office I spoke briefly to a woman who worked there. I had done my research and calmly asked her if the business was a scam. She became furious, threatened to call security, and followed me to the elevator. When I left the building, suddenly a man was behind me and asked: "What is your problem? You have no right to barge into my office and disrespect my business." It was the "manager." My first question to him was asking how he was in town. Several minutes earlier the HR director told me the manager ambiguous "out of town for several weeks." I don't think he liked my question too much. My thought is this: Why would a high-capacity manager, the CEO of a huge marketing firm, take the time to follow me down to the lobby of an 8-story industrial building? The answer is, he wouldn't. Unless he had a real reason to. If you haven't picked up on it yet, this business is a total fraud.
If you have any contact with this company, please post more about them. For the safety and wellbeing of others, get the truth out. They are excellent liars and the public deserves to know more of the truth. I wish I could provide more, but hopefully this report has convinced you to steer clear. God bless!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/23/2014 04:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OC-Advertising-Solutions/Orange-California-92868/OC-Advertising-Solutions-scam-ripoff-marketing-lies-sports-Angels-advertising-fake-non-pro-1132979. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.