Complaint Review: OC Boat Mechanic AKA Zach and Jim Wooten

• Submitted: Mon, November 19, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, November 19, 2012

• Reported By: Warning — fountain valley California United States of America
OC Boat Mechanic AKA Zach and Jim Wooten
Garden grove, Westminster, Newbort beach, etc., California United States of America

OC Boat Mechanic , Zach and Jim Wooten Zack and Jim Wooten Con artists, Non-licensed, Stole parts on my boats, don't return phone calls. Not worth the headache Garden grove, Westminster, Newbort beach, etc., California

First off I blame myself for this as I did the research on them before I decided to give them a chance. I felt that they might be able to redeem themselves from all the bad reports. Boy was I wrong. Not only did they took 400.00 dollars from me, but they stole parts on my boat. I had a broken steering cable that needed to be replace. They originally quoted me no more than 200.00 dollars to complete the job in a couple of days.  I understand that other parts might be broken or needed after they took the steering assembly apart. Sure enough I needed other parts that was not in the original quote. I said no problem, gave them more money to buy parts. Long story short, They keep asking for more money until I was just feed up. A total of 400.00 is what I gave them, and I call them to complete the job and they said they won't come down to finish unless I pay them another 300.00. WTF?

At that point I knew that this was so wrong, that I reported them to Westminster Police. [continued below]....
..... I also gave their  Car information and license plate number. They are driving an old blue Astro van and looks like they are living it also. I don't know how they can live with themselve. Also they are traveling with this  short blond hair kid name Steven. He seem to be a good kid but Jim and Zach are the scum of this earth. My boat was beautiful before they touched it. Now it is dirty greasy damagmed conditions by them. Also in addition, They claim to have over 30 years on boat and cars experience, well don't believe that. I hired a licensed professional to complete the job and was astonished on what he told me. "Whom ever did this job has no Idea what they were doing". They ended up damaging my engine and costing me more money. I know the wootens will be reading this. If you ever come around here, You will get what is coming to you. I hope others will read this and have 2nd thoughts about calling them. These are the numbers that was use with me. (949) 257-2464 and (949)612-5186

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/19/2012 03:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OC-Boat-Mechanic-AKA-Zach-and-Jim-Wooten/Garden-grove-Westminster-Newbort-beach-etc-California-/OC-Boat-Mechanic-Zach-and-Jim-Wooten-Zack-and-Jim-Wooten-Con-artists-Non-licensed-Stol-971485. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OC Boat Mechanic AKA Zach and Jim Wooten