Complaint Review: Ocean Hills Recovery – TRUSTED | Ripoff Report Verified™ …businesses you can trust. Ocean Hills Recovery provides unique treatment approach called Collaborative Care. Working with addict on individual level, Ocean Hills Recovery clinical staff deals with individual emotional & psychological issues. Damage that may have been done to client's bodies is healed through exercise & proper nutrition. Client’s family included in process of recovery to help change social climate in which client developed & cemented addiction.

• Submitted: Mon, February 07, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, December 17, 2014

• Reported By: SoberGuy — san diego California USA
OCEAN HILLS RECOVERY
33402 Palo Alto Street DANA POINT, California United States of America

Ocean Hills Recovery TRUSTED BUSINESS REVIEW: Ocean Hills Recovery dedicated to total customer satisfaction. Ocean Hills Recovery past & current approach to business focused on providing highest quality addiction treatment services to clients. South Orange County, California addiction treatment
*UPDATE: Ocean Hills Recovery pledges commitment to Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy, Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program. A program that benefits the consumer, ensuring them of complete satisfaction, confidence when doing business with a member business. Ocean Hills Recovery recognized by Ripoff Report Verified™ as a safe business service.

Ripoff Report Verified™ REVIEW:

EDitor’s UPDATE: Positive rating and recognition has been given to Ocean Hills Recovery for its commitment to excellence in customer service.

Ripoff Report’s discussions with Ocean Hills Recovery have uncovered an ongoing dedication by the company to total client satisfaction. This means that clients can expect that the company will work towards finding a mutually satisfactory resolution to any complaints or concerns. Ocean Hills Recovery listens carefully to client concerns and sees them as an opportunity to learn from past mistakes and become more efficient as a company in the services offered and the support for those services.

Ocean Hills Recovery principals, Gregory and Nicole Doss, has assured us that client satisfaction is their number one priority! They believe that by providing excellent and concerned customer service they will creat a bond of trust with their clients that will create an environment of safety and comfort that will naturally result in a perfect environment for recovery. [continued below]....
..... Helping their clients in every way they can is their purpose.

Another top executive of the company told us that Mr. Doss has, "devoted his life to helping others. He is meticulous about answering any concerns of his clients. His policy is to never argue with a client. He believes that most people really just need be to heard and that's what he does. He listens to every concern and is immediately and effectively responsive.” One of the other things Ripoff Report learned in the course of its review is that typical customer feedback reads: “Ocean Hills Recovery saved our son's life. For the first time in a long time we are sleeping soundly. They have given our boy back to us.”

The information provided in this report below is based on comments made by Greg Doss during an on-site inspection held by a third party verification company with no biases toward Ocean Hills Recovery.

Ocean Hills Recovery is Ripoff Report Verified

Ocean Hills Recovery is a company specializing in individual treatment for alcoholism, drug abuse, dual diagnosis and mental health. Leads are acquired primarily through referrals, as well as internet marketing. The typical customer experience begins with a treatment protocol being established, such as it being a 30-day, 60-day, or 90-day treatment. It depends on the individual customer and what they are seeking treatment for. Customers reach out to Ocean Hills Recovery, either directly, or a family member or loved one will call for the person needing treatment. “First we [conduct] a full assessment to see whether or not it’s a good fit for what their problems are and what services we provide through counseling and one-on-one therapy and everything else to see if that is a natural fit. The second process is just basically a face-to-face negotiation on our fees and whether it’s insurance-based or private paid-based to see if it would be a fit,” explains Greg Doss, a representative of Ocean Hills Recovery.

Ocean Hills Recovery Customer Care & Complaint Resolution

At times, people may not feel satisfied with the service or treatment they receive. Mr. Doss explains that there are typically two types of complaints that they encounter. The first is from the patients who are unsuccessful in the recovery program and complain that Ocean Hills did not cure them or help them recover and that they still want to use. The second type of complaint centers around insurance issues. Mr. Doss explains that there is often confusion and misunderstanding surrounding the portion that would be paid by insurance, the portion that is paid out of pocket, and how that affects deductibles. “These issues we cleaned up and can avoid in the future because of processes we’ve put into place to avoid lack of clear communication. We’ve learned over the years how to make it very clear to people by putting everything in writing,” explains Mr. Doss. He also explains that the complaint posted to Ripoff Report “basically just wanted a refund, he wanted his money back. He stayed here for 2 months, built a case complaining [that] it was dirty, etc. We let him in for half price to begin with and then he… sort of black mailed us till we paid him to stop defaming our company.”

To resolve the issue, Ocean Hills refunded a part of the person’s fee and he, in turn, admitted that the complaint was unwarranted and was not legitimate. Once a person’s treatment is complete, Mr. Doss states that they do not have follow-up practices in place. “We have various credentials in place and are highly regulated by various state and industry entities that we get certified by. We do all the diligence up front and inform all of our patients what is expected and when,” explains Mr. Doss. Since receiving complaints, Ocean Hills has implemented various protocols to ensure that every experience is a well-informed one.

Mr. Doss and the team at Ocean Hills Recovery recognize the value of working with Ripoff Report and the Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program and the platform it provides for businesses and clients to interact and resolve issues. “We are happy to be able to respond and resolve any and all issues with any and all patients,” states Mr. Doss.

Ocean Hills Recovery / Statements from a long-time employee & former client

"Ocean Hill Recovery saved my life. I was a kid in a lot of trouble and they gave me a hand when I needed it. Now I have kids and a husband and I have a career helping other people. Coming to Ocean Hills was the best decision I ever made. The community here has become like my family and I want to be a part of it in some way forever.” ~ Rachel

Ocean Hills Recovery runs on its reputation for ethical actions and fair treatment. An employee stated, "This is a really positive environment to work in. Mr. Doss and the other directors are always reminding us about our boundaries and not arguing with the clients. We are really encouraged to listen and to provide clients with an ear, so that they can be heard. The clients are asked each week what kinds of complaints they have about the facility and the operation and we really try to address each concern as soon as it comes up." Ripoff Report was pleased to learn that Ocean Hills Recovery's past and current approach to business is focused on its pledge to total commitment towards client and employee satisfaction.

STATED IMPROVEMENTS FROM OCEAN HILLS RECOVERY

"Ocean Hills has made a lot of systemic changes to the organization. We have a more efficient adimistrative system as well as a larger staff to handle any complaints that arise. Many of the procedures for handling insurance claaims have been updated and streamlined to be more efficient. Some of the staff that were unprofessional or problematic have been replaced.”

Ocean Hills Recovery recognizes that complaints posted on Ripoff Report (whether true or not) are issues that need to be addressed, not ignored. If handled correctly, complaints can be valuable learning opportunities. With the feedback generated by Ripoff Report’s review Ocean Hills Recovery has made organizational changes allowing its clients and employees a more streamlined approach to problem resolution and a commitment to a great client experience.

In summary, after our review, which included discussions with Mr. Doss, Ripoff Report is convinced that Ocean Hills Recovery is committed to quality delivery of services resulting in total client satisfaction.

Read about Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program, a program that benefits the consumer, ensuring complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. this program works.

ABOUT THE RIPOFF REPORT BELOW:

Ripoff Report would like to let readers know that Ripoff Report emailed this customer so the member business could make things right with them. When a business joins the Corporate Advocacy Program, Ripoff Report emails everyone from the past so the member business can make things right with them. Of course, everything within reason.

STATEMENT FROM OCEAN HILLS RECOVERY:

Ocean Hills has refunded the money this client said that he was owed. The writer of this post stated that we took too long to refund his money. We have corrected some of the systemic problems within the company that led to this complaint arising and have extended our hand to this customer to let him know that we will do whatever is necessary to satisfy him..

NOW TO THE ORIGINAL REPORT THAT WAS FILED

-------------------------------

Complaint Review: OCEAN HILLS RECOVERY | Notice: Ripoff Report VIP Arbitration Decision: A neutral and independent Arbitrator has determined that the following Report contained one or more false statements of facts. The false statements have been redacted as ((Statement REDACTED as false pursuant to Ripoff Report VIP Arbitration)) | ((Statement REDACTED as false pursuant to Ripoff Report VIP Arbitration))!! DANA POINT, California

RIPOFF REPORT VIP ARBITRATION

SUMMARY OF ARBITRATOR’S DECISION

Ocean Hills Recovery, Inc., Complainant

v.

Anonymous, Author of Report #692210,

________________________________________________________________________

Complainant Ocean Hills Recovery, Inc. (the “Complainant”) has challenged the truthfulness of certain specific statements (each, a “Statement”) posted by Author Anonymous (the “Author”) on the Ripoff Report website at www.ripoffreport.com as Ripoff Report #692210 (the “Report”). The Author accused the Complainant of providing unsatisfactory services. The Complainant denied all such accusations. The Author did not submit a response to the Complainant or any contact information. Therefore, in accordance with the Ripoff Report VIP Arbitration Rules (the “Rules), the Author waived their right to participate in this Arbitration. By submitting a Report and a Complaint on the Ripoff Report websites, both the Complainant and the Author have agreed to submit the dispute to the Ripoff Report VIP Arbitration Program.

In accordance with the Rules, the Arbitrator was asked to decide whether the challenged Statements were an opinion or a fact. If, and only if, the Statement was determined to be a statement of fact, the Arbitrator was asked to further decided if, by a preponderance of the evidence, to determine if the Statement was true or false. If the statement identified by the Complainant is determined to be an opinion, no determination will be made as to that particular Statement because an opinion cannot be determined to be true nor false.

In this case, the Arbitrator had only the evidence submitted by the Complainant to consider. The evidence submitted included Ripoff Report #692210, Complainant’s Arbitration Statement, Complainant’s Witness Statements, and supporting documentation.

Each Statement challenged by the Complainant has been considered, together with any Witness Statements and Documents provided by the Complainant for determination of the truth or falsity of the Statement. The Author did not provide a response to the Complaint.

The Arbitrator determined that the certain statements challenged in the Report were false. Therefore, according to the VIP Arbitration Rules, those statements have been redacted.

Decided August 6th, 2014

Bruce E. Meyerson, Arbitrator

* A copy of the full Arbitrator’s Decision is available upon request. Please e-mail arbitration@ripoffreport.com with the name of the Complainant and Report number.

________________________________________________________________________

When I first entered Ocean Hills Recovery I was willing to let them help me get sober from my addictions. ((Statement REDACTED as false pursuant to Ripoff Report VIP Arbitration)). I thought I was not going to let this bother me I was just here to get sober even after paying 13K to be at this program. as time went on I started to notice how the program director would always be late in showing up to conduct groups. ((Statement REDACTED as false pursuant to Ripoff Report VIP Arbitration)).

((Statement REDACTED as false pursuant to Ripoff Report VIP Arbitration))! ((Statement REDACTED as false pursuant to Ripoff Report VIP Arbitration)). ((Statement REDACTED as false pursuant to Ripoff Report VIP Arbitration)). ((Statement REDACTED as false pursuant to Ripoff Report VIP Arbitration)). ((Statement REDACTED as false pursuant to Ripoff Report VIP Arbitration)).

((Statement REDACTED as false pursuant to Ripoff Report VIP Arbitration)).

This program is ((Statement REDACTED as false pursuant to Ripoff Report VIP Arbitration)). ((Statement REDACTED as false pursuant to Ripoff Report VIP Arbitration)). I had enough of this program at Ocean Hills Recovery I left and demanded a refund in which they denied to do. So I would like to tell the truth about this program so no one else gets hurt.

Do your research online before picking a rehab! Make sure to look up all the programs reviews and do not go through what I had to go through.

I am now in a new program that is clean and safe. I wish I would have researched a little better the first time.

Thanks for letting me share.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2011 09:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OCEAN-HILLS-RECOVERY/DANA-POINT-California-92629/Complaint-Review-OCEAN-HILLS-RECOVERY-Notice-Ripoff-Report-VIP-Arbitration-Decision-A-692210. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OCEAN HILLS RECOVERY

Please read comment #8 first. This "story" is not credible.

AUTHOR: Ocean Hills Staff - (United States of America)

The author of this report has recanted this story.  Please understand that Rip off report is a place that never ever gets taken down from the internet.  The author wished to remove the complaint but Rip off report will not under any circumstance remove this.  Which is why Rip-off report gets sued all the time.  There is no way to know for sure if the statements made on any of these rip off reports are true or not, other than to do other research.  Ocean Hills requests that you don't believe this report but to go and do more research on our facility.  Ocean Hills stands strong to its reputation and if you look at facebook.com/oceanhills you can find other consumers who are happy with Ocean Hills.  As well as citysearch.com for reviews and also the Better Business Bureau website.

Once again, Ocean Hills is a clean, reputable, licensed by the state of California for Detox and treatment, and they have an extremely high success rate.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

What are you Bipolar?!

AUTHOR: mr. rik - (United States of America)

Your original complaint(s) made much more sense and more readable than this last one.  I think you really need help!

Or are you just scared of that lawsuit?
I take it back! The statements I made below I wish I hadnt made.   When I wrote these statements, I was really mad at
Ocean Hills. I believed they were not serving my interests. As I have stayed sober, I have begun to understand where they were coming from. They were challenging me and my family and were challenging all the things I believed I knew about myself and recovery. I am still sober today and I believe that I owe a great deal of that to Ocean Hills. I had been in 10 rehabs before this and thought I knew the recovery drill.

I never stayed sober before this place, but I am sober today. The class action lawsuit I spoke of was going to be started by me and I was the one who was rallying clients to join me. I never managed to put that together for which I am now thankful. I am grateful to Ocean Hills and I apologize for making this report. I have gone over to Ocean Hills and found out that any deficiencies I may have perceived have been more than cleared up. If you want to find a place where the employees truly care
about your recovery and will walk with you along your journey years after you have left their care, Ocean Hills Recovery is the place. They have made a remarkable difference in my life and in the life of my family and I am truly grateful.

THANKS FOR LETTING ME SHARE.

Ocean Hills Recovery.....www.ohr1.com.....committed to your recovery...949-388-0112

AUTHOR: Ocean Hills Staff - (United States of America)

We think we know who posted the report.  This person came to our program in a distressed condition and as far as we know, remains sober.  We remain committed to your recovery.  Check out our reviews across the whole internet.  If you would like personal testimonials please call us at 949-388-0112.  We have many happy clients with multiple years of sobriety and recovery.
Thank you, Ocean Hills Recovery Staff
Email info@oceanhillsrecovery.com
Phone: 949-388-0112
Website: www.ohr1.com

OCEAN HILLS WAS BEYOND AWESOME!!

AUTHOR: Every Day is a Holly Day - (United States of America)

I went to Ocean Hills rehab back in August 2010 and stayed for 30 days and my experience was quite awesome.  I am still sober today and their program director Rodney is so good at getting to the core of your addiction issues.  I thought the houses were beautiful and clean.  Staff was professional, courteous and kind.  I am a girl from Beverly Hills, so I am quite picky about my surroundings.  I felt at peace during my recovery and got a lot out of the exercises we would do and I know my peers felt the same way. I guess you can't please everyone who is dealing with addiction.  It's hard to be happy at anything when trying to get clean, but i was quite happy with ocean hills. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND OCEAN HILLS RECOVERY!!

Ocean Hills Recovery Saved My Life!!

AUTHOR: Friend of Bill1 - (United States of America)

I can't believe what this supposedly "sober guy" is saying about Ocean Hills Recovery!! This does not sound like the place that I went to! I flew down to Orange County after my mother convinced me that I needed rehab. I had been drinking and taking pills daily for years. I had been to numerous outpatient places and detoxes and I was pretty sure that I would not be able to stop drinking unless I was tied down to something. I was grateful when I arrived in Orange County, though I was still a little loaded. The Ocean Hills staff picked me up at the airport and brought me to the house. I LOVED Orange County! Dana Point is awesome!! Sunny all the time. The treatment center people took us to the beach all the time and the gym. I became very close to a lot of the people there, both staff and clients. They were very accepting of me. I really felt cared for. The houses were really nice! They were beautiful! Some of the clients let the places get a little messy, but it was definitely hygienic.

I can't really put my experience getting sober into words. I did what my counselors told me to do and I got what they told me I would get. I have a good life now. I don't drink or use, I have a job, and most of all i have peace. I don't think I would have that without OHR. I know a lot of people who feel the same. It kind of makes me mad that someone would go out of their way to bad mouth this place. They do nothing but try to help people. I think you reap what you sow. I live a life based on spiritual principles now. I know when ot ask for help and I know how to allow people to help me. Maybe "sober guy" didn't know how to do that and maybe that's why he failed. I can only pray for him. I hope you make it, buddy!

((Statement REDACTED as false pursuant to Ripoff Report VIP Arbitration))!!! OCEAN HILLS RECOVERY

AUTHOR: SoberGuy - (USA)

When I first entered Ocean Hills Recovery I was willing to let them help me get sober from my addictions. ((Statement REDACTED as false pursuant to Ripoff Report VIP Arbitration)). I thought I was not going to let this bother me I was just here to get sober even after paying 13K to be at this program. As time went on I started to notice how the program director would be late in showing up to conduct groups. I was very frustrated at how it seemed the program Ocean Hills Recovery was ((Statement REDACTED as false pursuant to Ripoff Report VIP Arbitration)). ((Statement REDACTED as false pursuant to Ripoff Report VIP Arbitration))! ((Statement REDACTED as false pursuant to Ripoff Report VIP Arbitration)). ((Statement REDACTED as false pursuant to Ripoff Report VIP Arbitration)). There were people who left that program who ((Statement REDACTED as false pursuant to Ripoff Report VIP Arbitration)). ((Statement REDACTED as false pursuant to Ripoff Report VIP Arbitration)). ((Statement REDACTED as false pursuant to Ripoff Report VIP Arbitration)). ((Statement REDACTED as false pursuant to Ripoff Report VIP Arbitration)).

((Statement REDACTED as false pursuant to Ripoff Report VIP Arbitration)). ((Statement REDACTED as false pursuant to Ripoff Report VIP Arbitration)). I had enough of this program at Ocean Hills Recovery. So I would like to tell the truth about this program so no one else gets hurt.

Do your research online before picking a rehab! Make sure to look up all
the programs reviews and do not go through what I had to go through.
I am now in a new program that is clean and safe. I wish I would have
researched a little better the first time.

((Statement REDACTED as false pursuant to Ripoff Report VIP Arbitration))!

AUTHOR: SoberGuy - (USA)

((Statement REDACTED as false pursuant to Ripoff Report VIP Arbitration)).