Complaint Review: OCS Louisiana Department Of Social Services

• Submitted: Sun, October 26, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, October 26, 2008

• Reported By:Osyka Mississippi
OCS Louisiana Department Of Social Services
1017 Ontario Ave., Bogalusa, Louisiana U.S.A.

OCS Louisiana Department Of Social Services illegally labeled children as CINC Bogalusa Louisiana

*Consumer Comment: OCS/DCFS/Louisiana

My children reported abuse, that they said had been commited by my ex-wifes live in boyfriend. I reported the abuse to her. She did nothing. I waited hoping that we could handle the situation in an adult manner, but she did nothing. I reported the abuse, as it was told to me by the children, to the local authorities. A week later, OCS decided to start investigating. The children remained in my wifes primary custody and I continued to see the children every other weekend and on wednesday afternoon preceeding the weekend they would be with her.

When I filed the report with the Law Enforcement Investigator, he told me that a report had already been filed concerning this case, but that is all he would say.No further reports of an investigation were ever revealed to me. OCS never called me to say a word. Not until several weeks later when I received a subpeona to appear in court did I even know that the agencies were responding to this case.

At this time OCS decided to suggest to my X, that she might want to re-think her marriage plans to CM. However, she did continue her plans and married CM within the next few weeks. I am still unclear on how alot of the timelines.

After I had taken a polygraph test, I was allowed to bring the children home. However, they could not spend the night at my house. The children had stay
at my sisters house. They had never spent the night with her before and it was hard for a three year old to understand that they couldnt come home.

They stayed at my sisters for a weekend and 1.5 days. Until court was over. When court ended I had to drive the children to OCS in Bogalusa and leave them there so a foster person could come get them. That was hard to do. And I had nothing wrong.

Throughout the next 6 months the children remained in foster homes...I think it was 4 different ones....while court was delayed, court dates moved, new things added that had to be completed: MPI Test, Psychologist visits, budgets, medical information releases, counseling, and waiting and waiting, while being told that just keep doing what they ask.

I was allowed 1 hour a week with my children. The one hour visit was supervised with a lady in the room and a gigantic 2 way mirror. The lady in the room had a notepad and would mark things down periodically. Dont know what. My children would cry and it was hard for them to understand. It was hard for me to understand. Still is. This went on for 6 months. If you were 15 minutes late....then they would cancel the visit. I had to drive through rural roads to get there. Once I left early, but the Parish was cuting the grass and bushes on the side of the road. They probably had 10 Tractors that day working in that one spot, and two pickups.

The two lane road from my house to Bogalusa is a popular one. I was in a line of traffic. It took me probably 10 to 15 minutes to get through the swarm of tractors. The bad news was they were compacting all that trafic behind someone towing a lawn mower on a ragged little trailer. He was going about 15 mph. Curvy two lane with no way to pass. Finally I get around (about 20 minutes later). I am driving like a mad man. Got into the city limits and got behind Grandma going to town.....she must have had all day. So I call the OCS office and tell them I have been stuck in traffic, I am in the city limits, and about 10 minutes from their office (at the current rate of speed Grandma is going). I get there and they have the children outside loading them up to leave.

According to my watch I am 13 minutes late, not fifteen. Cant go by my watch I have to go by the clock on the wall in the office. The clock there is one of those 8 dollar jobs from Walmart, ya know with the 2 AA batteries. I am looking at the time on my cellphone which is set off of the atomic clock. It monitors and corrects itself.

More court dates and then move them to the next month. Of course these types of cases are only heard once a month. Thats one day a month to handle every single case. You can imagine the amount of time and care this "judge" puts into this. Meanwhile, the mother is living with CM...ya know the "alleged" child abuser.

The children have been moved to their 3rd foster home. I (the Biological father) am being persecuted by the "judge" for how I handled allegations of abuse when the children first reported it to me. I am being asked question's to the effect of, Why would you allow your children to go back into a home where they were being abused, and You should always beleive your children and act immediately.

My answer: The children told me during a weekend visit. They had to be returned to her on a Sunday evening. She could have had me arrested if I had not given the children to her. It was a court order. She was still their primary parent, even though we had joint custody, all she had to do was show them her papers......

The X has never said I should not have instigated this horrible thing. She has never understood that she did anything wrong. She hired a psychologist or psychiatrist to testify for her on the stand that it is OK for small children to shower with adults.....at least she did not try to condone the actions that the children said took place in that shower. The price for a "professional" to say something like that $4000.00.

My X now has joint custody with me. The children come here for 7 days and then they go to X for 7 days. OCS has never been able to correct the "judgment". They keep typing somebody elese's name in my spot. The spot where it names who the joint custody is awarded. They also keep typing that CM can see the children. All of the copies I have, show where the "judge" has drawn an arrow and marked in "not"......as in can not see the minor children. Why dont they type it in????

The law was broken in the final judgement. The law clearly states that before you can regain custody of your child you must comple everything that they ask.......my lawyer asked the case supervisor at least 5 questions that started out "Has Ms. X completed _________". The answer was NO to all of the questions. One of the questions even asked if she had maintained a working relationship with the Agency........NO.

Going into court, OCS was on my side and determined not to let her have the kids. But we broke for lunch, and it was then that they changed their position.
How could they do that???? Money Intimidation.....this was at the end of the year.....all the time that was allowed to complete their family case plan. After one year, we were told they would put the children up for adoption, if we had not completed the case plan.

I completed the plan. She did not. The law was on my side. I should have gotten the children......there is so much more to this case .....

The whole thing is that in December CM was found guilty of commiting the abuse to the children.

The assisstant district attorney has told me that CM will never be charged with a crime against two, three year old children.

I should have had the children the whole time. I have commited no crime. I was completely cleared by OCS in the beginning, and never suspected again.
Meanwhile, one state agency finds CM guilty and forces Mrs. X to divorce CM if she ever wants to have contact with her children again.

Which....at least she did divorce him.

But my children dont really understand things. Mainly, they think all children are taken away from their parents when they are little. Since they have been old enough to realize things they have never been able to stay at one house for more than a week. They dont know what home means. They have also become very "street wise" and somewhat coarse, they are 4 years old. This breaks my heart when I know that things could have been different if OCS and the "judge" would have taken some ....care about the work they are performing...and careless about getting home at a certain time....and vacation days, etc.

These people are monsters, they can take a 3 year old child and turn that baby into a "thing", a "sub-human", a means for money to be made, and jobs to be secured........and sit upon their high chairs and look down upon the people, as though they were his subjects in a wicked experiment. Do with them what they will....and then go home to their family.

Never try to re-unite the child with extended family....as it lists in their manual is the "goal of the agency".

Woe be unto those who rule with an unfair hand.

Harleycowboy
Osyka, Mississippi

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/26/2008 04:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OCS-Louisiana-Department-Of-Social-Services/Bogalusa-Louisiana-70427/OCS-Louisiana-Department-Of-Social-Services-illegally-labeled-children-as-CINC-Bogalusa-Lo-384906. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OCS Louisiana Department Of Social Services

OCS/DCFS/Louisiana

AUTHOR: heartbrokenmomma - ()

I really just wanted to comment on the report made by said gentleman who had issues with the State, Dept. of Social Services, formerly OCS, now, DCFS, as they got in trouble for misrepresenting themselves to unsuspecting parents. Many times a "nice lady" with a clipboard is knocking on a door, pretending to be nice anyway. She tells whoever answers that she is with the Office of Community Services. In 1998, I had an 11 year old daughter, a 9 year old son that was soon to turn 10, and a 1 year old baby. That was the start. It was just like that. I was a single mother and thought they were there to provide a struggling single mother with a service of some sort. That "service" ended up being a two year fight, that I lost, because, A. I had a public defender in kahoots with the judge, and B. It was not until many years later, and after going back to college, that the reasons I was deemed unfit, were specific reasons that are NOT grounds for termination of parental rights. I learned, too little too late. Now, even though they took my babies illegally, to get them back, I'd have to win the lottery.

I'll write my story but it's on notepad only 20% done, so I wanted to know if you got your case resolved and got your babies back. If so, what did you do?

God bless,