Complaint Review: OCWEN LOAN SERVICING, LLC

• Updated: Fri, March 22, 2013

• Reported By: JUANITA — COVINGTON TOWNSHIP Pennsylvania
OCWEN LOAN SERVICING, LLC
1661 WORTHING ROAD WEST PALM BEACH, Florida United States of America

OCWEN LOAN SERVICING, LLC REFUSE TO ACCEPT TAX EXEMPTION; PUT ME INTO FORECLOSURE WEST PALM BEACH, Florida

*General Comment: ocwen and litton loan

Ocwen bought my mortgage from Litton in 2011.  I am property-tax exempt thru the VA since 2009. At 3 different times I provided both their Escrow Dept. and their Tax Dept. a copy of the VA letter.  Yet, in June 2012 I received an email from them stating that I am only exempt from the Township, not the County or School.  When I called them, they told me they didn't send me a letter as they don't use email.  Well, I still have it - and it's from them.  I called the County Tax Collector who told me I owe nothing.  So I called Ocwen to find out why they are not exempting me and I was specifically told "the VA is wrong; the Tax Collector is wrong - you owe these taxes."  So I called the VA and one of their Legal Counsel sent a letter to Ocwen quoting the State law declaring me tax exempt and were told there was no reason not to accept it. Ocwen sent me a copy of their letter of response.  In it was stated they have decided I am tax-exempt as of 2012.  About a week later I called to ask why my escrow hadn't been adjusted and was told they didn't know I was tax-exempt so just paid my 2012 school taxes.  Then not too long after that I received a form from Ocwen to fill out proving I paid the 2012 township taxes or they would pay them and charge me penalty and interest!  Of course during these many months, they kept upping the amount I owe each month - the tax escrow and unknown "other" charges.  The amount got to where I could no longer make the payments.  Several times I tried to pay my actual mortgage due without the escrow and each time I got refused.  Since the letter from them claiming I am now tax exempt, they are still charging me $407 per month escrow.  Now they have also added thousands of dollars in attorney fees, filing fees, late fees, etc.  About 2 weeks ago the Sheriff knocked on my door and handed me a Foreclosure Notice!  In reading it I find they are charging me an additional amount each DAY for not paying this.  The letter to the VA also claimed part of my escrow is for hazard insurance - which is a lie - I have ALWAYS had my own and paid it monthly and they have proof of it - it shows up on my on-line account with them.

They are also holding up getting my roof repaired from Hurricane Sandy. The homeowner's insurance co. sent them - by their "regulation" the check to pay the roofer.  It's obvious they don't know anything about roofs - told us he can do the 1st 3rd of the work, then their inspector will check it - then they'll pay the 1st 3rd, same for the 2nd 3rd and final.  He's trying to get them to understand it's a 2-3 day job!  He was told "that's Ocwen's rule - he has to abide by it!" He said when he asked to talk with the supervisor he was told "No, no supervisor" and the person hung up on him!  Today I received a partial payment to give to the roofer - approx. 1/7th of what the insurance co. sent them to pay the roofer. I let the insurance co. know and they don't understand it either.

I do not understand why Ocwen demands the taxes get paid - even if I did owe them. Aren't they supposed to put the escrow money in a separate account and not "touch it" for their own use?  I don't understand why they don't want my roof to get fixed the right way - they have a financial interest in this house.  Most of all, I do not understand how they are getting away with violating the State law?  In reading all the other posts, I realize there are thousands and thousands of other going through nightmares with Ocwen, yet Ocwen is getting away with it.  Why?  Who is letting them?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2013 07:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OCWEN-LOAN-SERVICING-LLC/WEST-PALM-BEACH-Florida-33409/OCWEN-LOAN-SERVICING-LLC-REFUSE-TO-ACCEPT-TAX-EXEMPTION-PUT-ME-INTO-FORECLOSURE-WEST-PA-1036875. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OCWEN LOAN SERVICING, LLC

#1 General Comment

ocwen and litton loan

AUTHOR: poot07823 - ()

i too had mortgage from litton loan. my husband left in 2009 and would not  help me with his half of mortgagae payment. i got sick with thyroid cancer. had surgery was out of work for  awhile. fell behind 3 months on mortgagae.  got back to work went to make payment by then was going into 4th month litton wanted me to western union all 4 months in cash. i told them i only had 1 months payment. they would not except it or any others after that. later i was served forclosure pappers from sherriff. tried to fight it. couldnt get any info. then came home one day and found note on door from 0cwen saying they had my mortgage and i owed them 80,000.00.  now i recieved lretter from them saying they are forcloseing on me. who are they and why does my credit report show two forclosures on me. litton and now ocwen !!!!!! if there are any law suits against ocwen im in.